Finish It Up Friday ~ Album Quilt

Done! And I’m thrilled with this small quilt.

I love the texture that Baptist fans give. It seems the one quilting design that works on everything from antique to modern quilts.

I kept with a plain backing, mostly because I was in a hurry and didn’t have to piece it.

I put scraps of some of my favorite fabrics in this quilt.

And I’m really happy with my faux border created by using a different fabric in the alternate blocks around the edge.

And most of all, I’m glad I had the self control to stop and not make this any bigger. It is the perfect size for hanging in my family room.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Album Quilt

1. Tina W says:

Love all your fabrics and how you finished the “border”. How did you Quilt the Baptist fan? A panto or??? I have a stencil from ”Fun With Barb” but haven’t used it yet.
    Beautiful finish!

2. Jan Smith says:

Yet another beauty, and oh how I envy your productivity!

3. Oh that is beautiful!! and all those amazing fabrics!

It’s beautiful! I love it. The Baptist Fan is one of my favorite designs. Have a good weekend. Hugs,

5. Lorid @ Humble Quilts says:

That is gorgeous! I agree about the fan quilting.

6. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Each and EVERY time I see your choice of the Baptist fan quilting design, it reminds me how much I love it. And how much I want to stitch it myself on the very next project. It hasn’t happened yet but it must now sooner than later. What a beautiful finish. Happy Friday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

7. Vivian says:

Just lovely! I have to agree with you about BF quilt stitching, it complements every quilt I’ve seen that used it.

8. Lynn JARZOMBECK says:

You did indeed create a great little quilt. I really like it! Thanks for all your sharing.

9. Ramona says:

Great quilt finish! I really like your border idea, too. Love the Baptist fans!

10. mdghall says:

Love your quilt and the Baptist Fan! Is it a pantograph?
    I always enjoy seeing your quilts!