A Tidy Up

Every January, I like to start out the year with a deep clean in the sewing room. A surprise visit from Daughter #2 and a stint of jury duty have set me back a little. But I got a good start.

I have a lot more to do. I want to go through my fabric in the wire baskets, sort the contents of the big white cupboards, clean the walk in closet, and deal with the ever growing mountain of scraps. But I had to get all horizontal surfaces cleaned off before moving ahead.

I can already breathe easier. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Sewing Room Pics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to A Tidy Up

1. robyngotch says:

It looks to me like you sew standing up? This is my preferred method as it helps with circulation and keeps me up and moving. Your room is lovely! I totally agree with your yearly cleaning – more of us should do this 🙂

2. Jeeze Louize….come immediately….I so do not have the skillset for that kind of organization…wowow…so impressed.

3. Pat Anderson says:

You have created a beautiful, welcoming space for sure! I am so jealous that you don’t have the mess I have. We moved to FL from CO in March of 2017 and I’m still not settled…two back surgeries and chronic pain don’t help. Hoping to get organized soon and you have inspired me!

4. You have a beautiful space, and you do beautiful and creative work. Do I spy ribbons you’ve won in the third picture?

5. Susan says:

I love your setup, especially all of the cabinets. Those would make for my dream storage space! I also like how you worked the tables around the support post, and making great flow in the room.

6. quiltipatti says:

what a lovely space to create in. i should have talked to you before i set up my spaces upstairs when we moved. now it is rare for me to go upstairs and i have it crammed in a little space in my bedroom. thanks for sharing. patti in florida

7. anudge says:

Wow, what a spacious studio, and so organized. I have a 10×10 room and count myself lucky.

8. I always love seeing photos of your sewing room. I am jealous — it’s big and awesome.

9. What a pretty sewing studio!!

10. rl2b2017 says:

KATY! Your workroom is fabulous. WOWEE! I agree with the comment above – I could spend a whole day just browsing around your room. LOVE it. Happy Wednesday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

11. I feel faint! I could spend a whole day just looking around this room! I’m not even sure I still have a floor in my sewing room!! Good job!

12. Sue B says:

Wow, your room is awesome! Whenever I try to get organized & clean my room, I end up finding stuff I forgot about & get distracted, lol.

13. Val W. says:

I think we all want your sewing room! I’d call it a sewing studio.

14. Doris Miller says:

Oh, what a wonderful room. Oh, the space, the lighting, the cabinets. Drool, drool!!

15. Teri Fritch says:

I agree on the horizonatal surfaces. I started by clearing off the ironing board.

16. Therese penders says:

You are so organised…..my girls will tell you that “organised” is a dirty word on my book….. old is the other one….( it looks great))

17. Robin Davis says: