Finish It Up Friday ~ A Modern Quilt

My last big quilt for this year is done! I love the texture from the quilting.

Here it is on my guest room bed. It looks huge here!

And it was! Until I washed it. Boy, did this shrink! A whole 8 inches each way. Here’s a look after washing.

It has even more texture now.

It is a Christmas gift, but I gave it to Daughter #3 and her hubby early. She took the rest of these photos at her house.

I think it fits quite well in their mid mod house.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts , Alycia Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ A Modern Quilt

1. dezertsuz says:

That’s a lot of shrinking, but it still looks plenty big. It’s a wonderful design, and I liked it on your bed with that marvelous headboard.

2. Mary Redrick says:

I usually don’t care for modern quilts, but this one is spectacular! Thanks for sharing!

3. Zenia Rene says:

Love the minimalist modern style!

4. It’s beautiful. Merry Christmas.

5. Is that linen? It has a lovely texture. Your quilt is gorgeous and the house too!

6. Diane says:

It is lovely in their home. Just right.

It is gorgeous!! I love how it looks washed too. Hugs,

8. That is such a cool quilt! and your room – it fits its just perfectly…. even if it did shrink!

9. Tami Von Zalez says:

Eight inch shrinkage each way, holy moly! I just love the look of that straight line quilting. Finishing off one of mine in the same style.

10. LoriD @ Humble Quilts says:

It is lovely and huge! Nice job!

11. Oh, I love this quilt, Katy! That quilting texture is amazing! Merry Christmas!

12. blackeyedsewsan says:

This would make SO MANY ‘moderns’ over the moon. I LOVE it & am not a modern, so to speak. Maybe even ‘an ancient’! It is just so livable; I adore it & its yummy texture. 8″ BOTH ways? wowzer is that ever a lot! Merry Christmas, Susan

13. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! WOWEE!! This is gorgeous. Oh, that texture. It looks fabulous on DD’s bed. I’ll bet she’s thrilled. Merry Christmas to you and your family! ~smile~ Roseanne

14. Gretchen says:

Beautiful quilt, lovely texture. Have a blessed Christmas!