Progress

After a very slow start, this quilt is really moving along! I have a love/hate relationship with these blue washout pens, but I did use one here.

I like to mark my cross hatching ahead of time. I also marked the spines of my feathers.

That means I have to wash this when I’m done.

Come back tomorrow for my finish! Have a great day!

7 Responses to Progress

1. Becky Schultz says:

Katy – I went to your previous post on the Eagle Progress and I have a question: what did you use to adhere the applique with? I just love that you quilted right over the top of the eagles. The texture is just lovely!

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! It might be a pain but look how perfect those crosshatch marks are! Fabulous. And the feathers, too! Happy Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

3. Sarah says:

Just beautiful quilting

4. Donna says:

Frixion pens come in all colors and heat makes them disappear. I never used the dryer idea before. I’ll have to try that! I always used the iron.

Can’t wait, it’s looking great!! I wash ally my quilts because I love the crinkled look of them. Even if they are just meant as a wall hanging. Hugs,

6. helen says:

I used to use jellyroll pens (silver & gold) way back when and they washed out pretty much. Now I have discovered Pilot Frixion pens in black & red 07. The line is fine. When all done I put it in the dryer for a few minutes–all gone!. No need to wash!
    P.S. I make my quilts to use and enjoy–no masterpieces.

7. I have the same feeling about those blue pens. I always worry it won’t wash out!