Next Hand Quilting Project

I’m ready to start thinking about my next hand quilting project. I purchased this top at an estate sale about five years ago.

It had been basted with a very thick polyester batting.

I brought it home and took it apart. Poly batting would be so wrong for a quilt of this vintage.

At that time, I said it deserve to be hand quilted, but that wouldn’t happen by my hand.

Never say never!

This entry was posted in Hand quilting, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Next Hand Quilting Project

1. Sharon Browne says:

What a gorgeous quilt! You always find real beauties! I’m curious to see how you are going to quilt this one.

2. What a great quilt. Good luck quilting.

3. Sandra B says:

Love this one, Katy!
    I am going to take a guess…Baptist fan quilt design?!? I know it is a favorite of yours, and is a favorite of mine as well…. Even if you use another quilting design, I know you will pick the perfect one!
    Looking forward to following along on this quilt’s journey!

4. Diane says:

That is a beautiful quilt. I use to always use warm and natural batting when I hand quilted but I’m having a hard time hand quilting with it now. What batting will you use? Diane

I love this quilt, it’s lovely. I can’t wait to see what you decide to do with it. Hugs,

6. Margie says:

Such a pretty quilt! Looking forward to seeing your quilting.

7. Boy, you sure find beauties! Can’t wait to see what design you use on this one. Enjoy!

8. Kathy S. says:

What a beautiful find! I too am not a fan of polyester batting. It has it’s place on wall hanging and more “crafty” projects that don’t get washed and worn as much. Mug rugs, table runners, simple things get my left-over polyester. Happy stitching! Love the six-pointed stars. I don’t see them much.