The Tie Quilt

I haven’t forgotten this project….though I have tried. Every now and then, it yells at me from under a pile of stuff in the sewing room.

I liked where this was headed, but I knew if I didn’t get every piece perfectly placed, that it would look all wrong. I finally decided to put it back on the design wall and play some more.

Still playing with this, but I think I might be getting somewhere.

Btw, I used these dies from Accuquilt to cut my leaves. What a time saver!

Linking up with Small Quilts and Doll Quilts , Love Laugh Quilt

This post contains affiliate links.

10 Responses to The Tie Quilt

1. Bonnie in VA says:

What a fun project. Once you lay out the pieces are you going to hand applique? This is a great idea for using ties.

2. katyquilts says:

Thanks! This project sure has stretched me! Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPad

3. Ramona says:

I’m working on a neck tie quilt right now, too. I really like your design with the leaves. I’m looking forward to seeing your progress.

4. Judy Hansen says:

I lije the arrangements – hard to choose just one.

5. audrey says:

Love seeing this one in the works! So curious where you’re headed here!

6. I love that you are exploring so many possibilities with these ties. Looks like a champagne bottle opening and I love it.

7. AnnieO says:

I like the spray style arrangement. We saw a quilt at a recent show made of someone’s grandfather’s Italian silk ties, They made blocks that looked like shirts with ties.

8. Oh, I like where you are going with this, Katy! Keep playing!

9. blackeyedsewsan says:

I DO see progress! Glad you went back ‘to the wall’…like the looseness of the last one utilizing all of your space. Susan

10. Kathy D. says:

There are so many directions you can take this! Looking forward to seeing what you eventually do with it.