Finish It Up Friday ~ QOV

One of my goals for this month was to finish this Quilt of Valor. And it’s all done except for the label.

Still working on those machine bindings!

I used a panto from Urban Elementz called Malachite.

The standard Malachite panto is 10.75 inches wide. This one is 16 inches wide. Urban Elementz allows you to order pantos in custom sizes for a $2 up charge. Since my long arm, Friday, has a 24 inch throat, I can use larger pantos. So I decided to order a couple pantos in slightly larger sizes. I think it still looks good.

Here is a side by side comparison.

Obviously, the larger custom panto is a lot faster to quilt. It still gives great texture, but it also gives you a softer quilt.

Time to get that label done so this can be presented to a deserving veteran.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts , Alycia Quilts

This post contains affiliate links.

This entry was posted in Finishes, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ QOV

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! That larger size panto makes a huge difference. I agree, I think it looks fabulous and the quilt will be softer. How is your hand/wrist doing? I’ve been thinking about you. Happy Monday! ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Janice says:

Love that panto! I like the idea of quick and softer. 🙂

3. dezertsuz says:

I like the Malachite in either size. Malachite is a stone I like to wear, and I can see how this one came to be. This is a fabulous quilt, and sure to make someone feel appreciated.

It’s wonderful! I love the quilting design too. Hugs,

5. Terri Bertalan says:

Love it! I love the larger pantos too. I have ordered a few that I enlarged, one or two did not come out quite the way I expected them to. lol

6. Oh I think it looks great! and with the 16 inches maybe it went a little quicker? LOVE the quilt!

7. abydolinger says:

Such a wonderful quilt. Thanks for the tip of ordering pantos in a larger width from Urban Elementz.

Love, love, love it, Katy!! And I think I like the larger panto even better than the smaller ones.

9. anudge says:

Beautiful!

10. Another pretty quilt, Katy! I love your new header photo, by the way!

11. Kathy D. says:

Beautiful quilt, and good call on the larger panto. It looks great, and you may as well use Friday’s features.

12. lauralynne says:

I really like the bigger panto — actually I like that panto generally, but I can imagine that the larger size does make a cuddly quilt.