New Vintage Tops!

Recently, someone on Instagram posted a couple vintage tops she had found while at an antique shop. She didn’t want them for herself even though they were a great deal. I commented that I wished I lived closer. Then she offered to pick them up for me. Quilters are the best! Here is the first.

It has some really fun prints in it. And I love the teal/peach colors!

Here’s a look at the hand stitching on the back.

This is the second top.

It needs a few small repairs and there are some stains on the background fabrics, but overall, it is in nice shape.

Those triangles are tiny!

Here’s the hand stitching on this one.

I’m so pleased I was able to purchase these from across the country with the help of a quilty friend!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to New Vintage Tops!

1. You are so right about quilty friends being the best. What a thoughtful thing to do. Great vintage quilts, as usual. Have fun with them!

2. bewtjwgmailcom says:

my mother in law left some hand stitched quilt tops and I made each of my four step daughter’s a quilt from them

3. Wow!! those are both so cool – and a lot of work went into them!! Beautiful!! and Yay you!

4. Sharon Browne says:

I’ve always loved both of these designs and they seem to be in really good shape. Seven Sisters has especially nice colors. I’m assuming you will be hand quilting them when your wrists improve.

5. Abigail Dolinger says:

Awesome finds! Will you quilt them with your longarm?

6. dezertsuz says:

Two really beautiful tops! How nice of her to pick them up for you.

7. Oh they are wonderful! I can’t wait to see how you finish them. What a find!

8. Kelly Beck says:

Wow Katy, they are gorgeous! So nice to keep that history alive!!

9. Nann says:

Score! How nice of your online correspondent to get them for you, too.

10. Tina W says:

Both quilts are fabulous! Glad you could purchase them. I know you’ll do something wonderful with them!

11. So happy to hear they have a new home. Thanks for rescuing them! Can’t wait to see what you do with them.

12. That second quilt is a wonder! What great finds.

13. How fun is that? Two lovely quilts. Will you hand quilt them, I assume?