Finish It Up Friday ~ Puss in the Corner Quilt

I finally finished this earlier this month. If that headboard were a different color, this quilt would look perfect in this room!

The center was all quilted free hand. My continuous curve quilting is not very good, but once it is all done, it looks fine.

Yo can see on the back how uneven it is.

I used a wide muslin on the back.

I used a swag template to quilt the border.

This quilt is huge.

I might have to think about repainting that headboard.

Have a great day

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts , Sarah Goer Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Puss in the Corner Quilt

1. Pingback: Saturday Quilting Bring & Share (26) |

2. Gayle Bong says:

THE most delightful quilt I saw today.

3. I think the headboard is cool, gives a little accent color to the room. It really is a beautiful quilt, and the quilting is just fine. Better than I could do free hand!

4. karenbbsnow says:

Love this quilt , especially the quilting! Totally agree with Allison above regarding the “perfect” quilting.

5. Heide says:

Beautiful quilt!

6. Tami Von Zalez says:

Such a beautiful quilt and lovely quilting. I would paint the headboard…

7. Judith Fairchild says:

Actually the headboard sets off all the quilt colors. The relationship works. Old to new tan and blue to green.

8. Sarah Goer says:

Congratulations on your giant finish! The quilting looks lovely. I really like the border quilting you chose. Do you quilt on a longarm machine? Thank you for linking up to TGIFF.

9. It’s a beautiful quilt Katy. I really like the ‘perfectly imperfect’ curves of your quilting. It adds to the timeless, nostalgic look of the quilt. I think we are in danger of being crushed by ‘perfect’ quilting with all the tools and equipment that can be used. It gets quite intimidating seeing photos of perfect quilting streaming onto social media. In the UK we’ve noticed that fewer non-professional patchwork quilters are submitting their quilts to exhibitions and shows – I wonder if that is because ‘ordinary’ quilters are intimidated by the perfectionism we see all the time? I know I struggle to be satisfied with ‘less than perfect’ but actually looking at your quilt I prefer the more natural less ‘manufactured’ look of your quilting design.

10. Carolyn says:

Oh I love that quilt and have loved every snippet you have shown of it. The colors are beautiful!

11. Therese penders says:

LOVE the plain backing…. shows uphe quilting so well!

12. dezertsuz says:

Even with the green headboard, it looks wonderful in there. Thanks for the close-ups of your quilting. Looks great to me!

13. I didn’t realize that was the name of that block. Love the quilting.

14. LOVE this quilt. And it’s so pretty in that room. You did beautiful work!

15. Sharon Browne says:

I like the quilting on this one. You are right that it looks fine when it’s done and no one else will notice the imperfections except you. You said the quilt is huge, is it a queen?

16. Patricia Ludwiczak says:

PS….could you explain a little more about how you quilted this? Was the entire inside quilted by hand and the border by machine? No templates or lines drawn on the hand quilting? You’re amazing!

17. Patricia Ludwiczak says:

Amazing quilt. How on earth do you ever find the time to get so much accomplished? Very impressive!

18. Patti A. says:

What beautiful quilting. It is a work of art!!!

19. Loris Mills says:

Lovely! That is a wonderful headboard!

20. anudge says:

Fabulous!

21. Rebecca Grace says:

Alright, my dear — you crack me up! Your quilt is GORGEOUS, and like every other kookie quilter (myself included), you have to zoom in for the close-up shots of every little wobble or imagined imperfection. I only WISH my quilting was as “imperfect” as yours! Did you quilt that on a longarm machine or on a domestic machine? I love the colors, too — I’m not really a brown person normally but I love how that little bit of blue makes it sparkle. Beautiful job; congratulations!!

It’s a beautiful quilt! I love the colors in it. Your quilting looks wonderful. Hugs,

23. Gretchen says:

Beautiful!! I love the blue and brown together. The quilting looks wonderful to me, much better than I could do. Congratulations on such a lovely finish!

24. That’s a pretty quilt, Katy. I’ve always liked blues and browns together, but have never made a quilt with those colors. It looks great on the bed!

25. Lynn White says:

It looks wonderful and I suspect that as the maker, you notice any unevenness where others would only see an amazing quilt! Great job.

26. lswanekamp says:

The quilting is fine. No pleats, so it works. Once it is washed, all quilting looks uneven. Beautiful job. Congratulations on the finish.

27. Eileen says: