Finish It Up Tuesday?

Yes! I actually have a finish! I set my shoo fly blocks together and quilted it on my Pfaff.

Rotary cutting is out for me right now, but Mr. Wonderful came to my rescue when it came time to square things up.

I decided the binding had to come from leftovers. I initially thought red, but maybe the pink was better?

I ended up going with this taupe piece. It isn’t old or retro, but it didn’t scream for attention either.

And here it is!

It’s just big enough for this doll bed.

My hand is getting better every day and today, I get my stitches out. Progress! Thanks to all who have asked.

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Vintage Fabrics. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finish It Up Tuesday?

1. So thrilled for you that you have a Mr. Wonderful…I love the doll quilt…U r so brave with your hand.
    U made the right choice on binding…

2. dezertsuz says:

I’m glad your hand keeps improving. He IS Mr. Wonderful! That’s a very cute little quiltlet.

3. Terri Bertalan says:

Too cute! Your assistant is awesome. Glad to hear your hand is healing well 🙂

4. Mary Carvajal says:

I love this little shoo fly, perfect doll quilt.

5. Eleanor L Rieth says:

I love it!

6. Sharon Browne says:

Even though your wrist is still on the mend, you have been accomplishing more than I have lately. Love that little quilt!

Oh, it’s simply precious on that little doll bed. So glad to hear that you’re getting the stitches removed. It sounds like the surgery went as planned (unlike mine). Give Mr. Wonderful a hug from all of us. He’s one in a million.

8. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

Good call on the binding. So good you have a wonderful Mr. Wonderful to help out. Take it easy, and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Your little quilt is so cute! I’m glad your healing up nicely. Hugs,

10. anudge says:

How sweet and Mr. Wonderful again lives up to his name. Glad to hear your hand is healing well.

11. Therese penders says:

The blue was my choice too…. I love it….

12. A cute finish, and it looks so sweet on that little bed! Yay for Mr. Wonderful! Glad your hand is healing well!

13. Val W. says:

What a sweet little quilt. Even with ‘one hand tied behind your back’, you are so productive!