Moving Slowly

On Sunday, I cut out enough pieces from my vintage stash to make 6 of these little blocks. On Monday, this happened:

Yep, darn carpal tunnel surgery! But all went well. Mr. Wonderful has taken good care of me. My good friend, Donna, loaned me a stack of Quilt Folk magazines to read. What a great publication! By last night, I just had to see if I could sew a bit one handed.

It worked! Yes, that is black thread. It was in the machine and I knew I couldn’t thread it left handed so the black stayed. These little snips helped too.

I got a couple more done. It took forever!

Then it was time to head back to the couch for more reading and elevation of the arm.

It was so very satisfying! I have more blog posts coming that I scheduled ahead. But responding to your wonderful comments probably won’t happen for a while.

15 Responses to Moving Slowly

1. Jannette B. says:

I had carpal tunnel surgery about 38 years ago – both hands – and was in a hard splint each time for 10 days. It was just before Christmas the first time, and just 6.5 weeks after that for the second one. Thankfully, I haven’t had any trouble since!
    Hope your recovery is quick and uncomplicated!

2. Do take it easy. All the best for a quick recovery.

3. You just cannot keep a quilter down!! When I had my knee replacement surgery…I had my daughter bring my machine to the recovery hospital and I sewed with the left foot…Carry on Katy

4. helen says:

When the going gets tough–the tough get going! Proud od you, gal!

5. Quiltmouse says:

Prayers for a speedy recovery. So happy DH is giving you all the care you need! When I had rotator cuff surgery, I had a quilty friend help me by cutting some pieces so I could at least do some stitching. Makes you feel more like normal. (Just don’t over-do).

6. anudge says:

one handed wonder woman. praying for a speedy recovery.

Take it easy and get better quick. Hugs,

8. Take your time and heal well — you’ll be grateful you did later on.

9. Linda West says:

Get well soon!

10. Val W. says:

Sewing one-handed. You are a determined quilter, Katy. I hope your recovery zips along and you’ll be back to two-handed sewing in no time.

11. Hope you recover quickly, Katy! Rest well, and enjoy those magazines/books. I haven’t read Quilt Folk yet, but probably should. I hear so many good remarks about them.

12. blackeyedsewsan says:

Pesky body parts!!! My MIL warned me years ago~sorry!

13. Kathy D. says:

Been thinking of you this week–so glad to hear your surgery went well. May your healing exceed expectations!

14. Therese Penders says:

Take care!!!!!

15. Elizabeth says:

Wishing you a speedy recovery!