Two Tiny Finishes for Friday

If you follow me on Instagram (@katyquilts), then you’ve seen my progress on this little quilt this week.

This started life as a vintage block from my stash. I only had this one, but thought it would make a perfect tiny doll quilt. I hand quilted it. Here is the back.

After I finished this, I got it in my head to make a tiny bed.

It’s just three pieces of wood glued together and stained. I made the little mattress from a bit of vintage feedsack.

It’s chunkier than I would like, but it was kind of fun to make.

I think I will work on version two.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Celtic Thistle Stitches, Busy Hands Quilts

This entry was posted in Crafty Things, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Two Tiny Finishes for Friday

1. This is so cute. Well done.

2. What a sweet quilt and the bed is beyond adorable 🙂

3. I think the chunkyness makes it super cute!

4. Laurel says:

Super cute! What size is the bed & quilt? I’ve been making a quilt for an AG doll. Was thinking about making a bed too.

5. Oh My Goodness! This is incredibly cute!!

-Soma

6. so fun a and just lovely

The quilt and bed are super cute! Hugs,

It’s as cute as can be!

9. Abigail Dolinger says:

Too cute. If you need a few more vintage blocks, I could send you some. Lol

10. What size is the bed? I found one in a thrift store once (marked $4) and passed it by. I’ve regretted that ever since!

11. Kyle says:

Love the movement the stripe fabric creates. Your little bed and mini quilt are perfect bed partners.

12. Ramona says:

The bed with the tiny quilt are adorable. Love the little quilt with you hand quilting.

13. Terri Bertalan says:

Katy that is adorable! I love the little bed. You are so creative!