I shared this little find last week. I tried to ignore it as I had too much to do already, but it wouldn’t leave me alone!
It was foundation pieced all by machine. Here is a look at the back.
I added a feed sack backing and machine quilted it in a freehand grid. I did not put any batting in it. And here it is!
This is a closeup. Since all the stitching had been done by machine, machine quilting seemed the right answer here.
Here is the back. I used a vintage fabric for the binding.
When I was all done, I gently washed it in the sink with a couple drops of Dawn dish washing liquid and dried it in the dryer. Here are after washing pics.
It crinkled up just the tiniest bit. It fits my little doll bed perfectly! I just adore this little quilt!
I’m so glad I finished this. I wonder about the maker though. If only this little piece could talk!
Have a great day!