A Little Bit Crazy

I shared this little find last week. I tried to ignore it as I had too much to do already, but it wouldn’t leave me alone!

It was foundation pieced all by machine. Here is a look at the back.

I added a feed sack backing and machine quilted it in a freehand grid. I did not put any batting in it. And here it is!

This is a closeup. Since all the stitching had been done by machine, machine quilting seemed the right answer here.

Here is the back. I used a vintage fabric for the binding.

When I was all done, I gently washed it in the sink with a couple drops of Dawn dish washing liquid and dried it in the dryer. Here are after washing pics.

It crinkled up just the tiniest bit. It fits my little doll bed perfectly! I just adore this little quilt!

I’m so glad I finished this. I wonder about the maker though. If only this little piece could talk!

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A Little Bit Crazy

1. Val W. says:

That little quilt looks perfect on the doll bed. Like it was made for it!

2. Shasta says:

So cute! Love all the different fabrics, and the backing fits it perfectly. And of course that bed!

3. What a cute little quilt for your doll bed! I’d love to hear the story behind that quilt too. So perfect for that little bed!

4. Diane says:

WOW! I love this little quilt. You just never know until you do. Love your Blog. Diane

5. Sharon Browne says:

You did a wonderful job on that little quilt! I never would have envisioned that as a mini, but it looks great.

It is adorable!! I feel the same way about old quilts. I’d love to know what was happening in each quilters life. Hugs,

7. anudge says:

Sweet!

Awww….so sweet!

9. Tami Von Zalez says:

A couple of years ago I found a doll quilt in real bad shape laying in the parking lot of the thrift shop. Like you, I couldn’t leave it alone – I just had to repair and revitalize it. It now hangs in my sewing room.

10. Oh, wow, that is so cool. What a darling little doll bed. It’s perfect for it!