Finish It Up Friday ~ The Cactus Quilt

I finished the quilt for Tiny E!

I took these photos early in the day and the quilting really shows.

I hand dyed these fabrics ages ago. They were perfect for this quilt! I found the backing fabric in my stash.

I quilted the background to look like wind. It can be very windy at times in Arizona!

I also quilted a few other little plants in the ground area. I used the gray for the ground to better tie in with the other nursery decor.

Here is my improv pieced sun!

And I finally remembered to add one of my Nana tags,

After all the time I’ve spent in Arizona, it was really fun to make a quilt reflecting the Southwest. It will always be one of my favorite places in the world.

Here it is in the nursery.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Crazy Mom Quilts , Busy Hands Quilts , Dizzy Quilts

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Free Motion Quilting, Hand Dyed Fabric, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ The Cactus Quilt

1. Kathy D. says:

What an absolutely darling quilt, made with lots of love!

2. Dotti says:

Great job. And so lucky you took all the thorns off the cactus. Very creative and unusual for a baby quilt.

3. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    What a wonderful finish! This really came together quickly – it seems like you were just deciding on the sun and here it is all quilted. It looks so nice in the crib, waiting for the little one to arrive. ~smile~ Roseanne

4. sue says:

The quilt is fabulous; you did a wonderful job! I love how they have decorated the nursery too, it looks calm and restful.

5. Oh, this made me smile! The quilting just makes it even more special, and I just love the addition of the little plants at the bottom. So, sweet. ❤

6. Ann Wight says:

What a great finish! I love it. The star is a great addition. Looks so cute on the crib. Quilting designs are so fun.

7. Oh Katy, the quilt is adorable! The windy quilting is just right too! It looks so nice in the nursery. I’m sure Tiny E will enjoy it for years to come!

That little quilt is precious! I love the whole room. Hugs,

9. anudge says:

Perfect!

Your hand dyed fabric makes a beautiful background, Katy! And the combination of colors used to make the cactus is a little bit o’ genius! Lastly, it just wouldn’t be the same without the sun setting at the bottom. Awesome job, Nana.

11. Kathy says:

Love the quilt. Where can I find the pattern?

12. Alison says:

This is so adorable! We love cacti, so I might need to make something similar for my husband. 😀

13. Susan says:

This is such a cute quilt! Love everything about it – the design, the fabrics, the quilting. You did a great job, and it fits in that crib so nicely!

14. quiltypatch says:

Sweet quilt! I love the quilting details!

15. Sue B says:

Oh Katy what a wonderful quilt! It perfectly reflects Arizona and the baby’s room is adorable.

16. Kat says:

This is beautiful! The quilting really puts it over the top.

17. Sherrill says:

HOW CUTE!! The quilting is perfect! Love the little stars mixed in the swirly quilting. And an adorable nursery as well.

18. Rochelle Summers says:

What a perfect quilt for the nursery. You did an excellent job. Those hand dyes really work well and I love the quilting. Thanks for sharing.

19. Julierose says:

i love how this quilt came together– i think the setting sun really makes it –lovely color choices…
    good work hugs, Julierose

20. quiltipatti says:

great job, katy. looks wonderful. patti in florida

21. You had me with the Saguaro!! Yes, where can I find the pattern? It’s lovely!

22. Charlotta Bright Norby says:

Absolutely perfect!

23. This could win a blue ribbon! The quilting is perfect! Nicely tagged too!

24. It’s wonderful! What a darling nursery.

25. Izzy says:

Beautiful finish! Your quilting is gorgeous! Thank you for linking up at TGIFF!

26. It’s beautiful. You did an amazing job with the quilting.

27. Terri Bertalan says:

Love your cactus quilt! Little E’s room is adorable. I also love the crib skirt you made to go with it. Very unique room.

28. adelshelly says:

I’ve always loved big image and landscape quilts and I just love this so much. And so many tiny details to hunt for in the quilting. So awesome!