Leader/Enders Progress

First of all, I’m glad so many if you enjoyed the little pattern matching tutorial the other day. It isn’t something I’ve tried to do before, but I won’t be afraid to try it again in the future.

I am still turning my tiny squares into two inch four patches as leaders and enders. Here’s a shot of my container as of last week.

Here is my piecing set up.

Can you see what is hiding in my drawer? Yep, my container of squares. When I sit down to piece something, I just open the drawer and my leader/ender bits are ready to go.

I try to always have a set picked out and ready to go.

As I finish and press them, I drop them into this little bin.

When I get a pile of them, I stop and count.

When I get up to 25, I put them in the enamelware pan and add 25 to my post it note inside. This way I don’t have to keep counting the whole mess.

I need at least 800 for the quilt I want to make. I’m making progress!

This entry was posted in Leader/Ender, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Leader/Enders Progress

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    What a great idea to not keep having to recount the whole group! Wow – 800 is a lot but you are making a good dent in that number! ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Julierose says:

Neat organization of your alternate quilt–nice time saver. Hugs, Julierose

3. Thanks for showing this, Katy. I’m still trying to figure out the whole leader/ender thing, so I like to see it being done! Clever idea to keep a running tab on how many you’ve done too!

4. Michelle says:

I’m a bit confused as to how your doing the leader/ender thing while making it into these small blocks…I do the leader thing with a scrap of fabric, then cut it free using it over & over…
    and why an ender? Help me learn something new today please someone…….Thanks, Michelle

5. Tami Von Zalez says:

You are making progress! Me, not so much. I forget to do the leader and enders when I am piecing, then I forget where I put the pieces. I’ve got to work out a system like yours.

6. Diane in AZ says:

Hi…what is that cute little red box behind the sewing machine?

7. What fun! They are really piling up!

8. Kyle says:

It’s always amazing what can be sewn using this technique. I do it all the tim.

9. Chantal L. says:

That’s funny because I do that with my drawer too, except my container is too big to fit inside so the drawer is always open and the container sits on top of it. I love that it is always there when I need to finish off something but don’t want to cut the thread. Can’t wait to see what will come of these darling little 4 patch. ;^)