Finish It Up Friday – Pyramids

I managed to finish this little quilt!

I quilted it with the walking foot on my Juki. I’m underwhelmed with my quilting job, but it’s done. The first three of the following photos she the quilt before washing.

I love this backing fabric. It lists Civil War battles.

The small triangles measure two inches on each side.

Here are the after washing pics. I think the crinkle that happens during the wash process helps to make it look more vintage.

That’s one more goal met for this month! Have a great day!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Crazy Mom Quilts , Busy Hands Quilts

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Finish It Up Friday – Pyramids

1. Pingback: Something New | KatyQuilts

2. That’s a great mini. I love the yellow background fabric with circles.

3. I love it—beautiful fabrics. I took a pyramid class and never did more than what I could manage during the class. I’m inspired to make a mini quilt after seeing your lovely photos.

4. Your little quilt looks lovely. I especially love the rich colours you’ve used.

I love your little quilt and beautiful fabrics. Hugs,

6. Jan Horn says:

Did you have a pattern or did you figure out the triangle sizes yourself? Love it.

7. Terri says:

That´s sweet. What pretty colors you picked for the vintage flavor.

8. Linda says:

Love your little quilt, and the colors you chose. It reminds me of one a girlfriend made and gave to me.

9. janicekholton says:

I love your vintage style!

10. What a great little quilt and I love your photography! Very cute!

It’s so cute with the toy machine!

12. Ramona says:

Blue and yellow quilts shout spring to me. Your little piece is beautiful.

13. June says:

I LOVE this! What is the name of the fabric with the Civil War battles listed? I’ve searched and haven’t found it yet.

14. Preeti says:

It is a little quilt but contains a lot of personality. Love the play of triangles and all the points are intact – so jealous.

15. You can whip up a quilt faster than I can even choose fabric! I love it, Katy! Such a pretty little mini that you’ll be able to use in so many ways! Happy Easter to you and your family!

16. chrisknits says:

Love it. I love the contrast of the mustard against the blues. Great job.

17. Sharon Browne says:

Love your little quilt! I recognize one of the fabrics you used. Isn’t it funny to find fabrics you have in someone else’s quilts? I’m assuming those are 60 degree triangles. I don’t think I have seen this design before in a mini, but I really like it.

18. Sherrill says:

I think it’s adorable and love the quilting! It’s wonderful.

19. viridian says:

Love your fabrics! I have some of these.