Craft Night ~ String Art

Our first craft night was a great success! Not everyone finished, but we all had loads of fun. And we will get together again to finish. Here is a quick tutorial on string art for a crowd. First I cut and stained the boards ahead of time.

We added these hangers on the back before doing anything to the front.

Next I taped a simple line drawing to the front of my board and pounded nails in along the lines. 3/4 inch bright nails worked well.

The nails make your hands dirty so there is plenty of hand washing.

After all the nails are in, tear away the paper.

Then use some crochet thread to randomly wrap around the nails. I wanted my design fairly well filled in so I went over it quite a few times.

It is off center on purpose, I plan to add some lettering. Here are some of the other projects worked on last nigh.

The project was fun, but the best part was hearing the laughter and talk among young moms that needed a night out. I can’t wait until the next craft night! Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Crafty Things, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Craft Night ~ String Art

1. Mary C says:

Good morning your postvthis brought back many many memories

2. Kathy D. says:

Looks like a fun project! I’m sure it was a blessing to the moms needing some “me” time.

3. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    This looks like such a fun project and everyone had great ideas for their own board. I can’t wait to see the wrap up post with all the finishes. ~smile~ Roseanne

4. That looks and sounds like a fun evening! Waiting to see what wording you put by your cactus!

5. Loris Mills says:

What a fun idea! They turned out lovely!

6. A blast from the past. Thanks for the memories of this fun idea.

7. Rochelle Summers says:

That is so cool. I love all the variety. Thanks for sharing.

8. Zenia Rene says:

How fun! Loving the cactus. Did you meet at your house or the church? I’m sure everyone had a great time.

9. Well, that looks fun!