DWMonday ~ Puss in the Corner

One of my goals for this month was to make progress on this quilt. The blocks were made as a leader/ender project.

There isn’t much actual design work here. I’m going to piece the top in four large sections and then put those together. I’m not spending a lot of time rearranging. Each block finishes at 6 inches. The corner blocks were cut 2 inches. The center square was cut at 3 1/2 inches and the side rectangles were cut 2 by 3 1/2 inches.

I did take care with pressing in the block construction phase. Each one was pressed like this.

Doing this meant that I could rotate the blocks so that the seams always nest. Like this.

It is a simple matter to get the blocks to nest row to row as well.

It’s always amazing how much the top shrinks up when sewing blocks together!

I have a busy week ahead, but I hope to get all the blocks together and decide on borders.

Now, I have a shameless favor to ask. Hobbs Batting is giving away a roll of batting for the photo with the most likes on Instagram. I go through a lot of batting making Quilts of Valor so I would love to win this! My Instagram user name is KatyQuilts. If you would care to take a minute and “like” this photo, I would so appreciate it!

Thanks! And have a great day!

This entry was posted in Leader/Ender, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to DWMonday ~ Puss in the Corner

1. Elizabeth Stevens says:

I had already liked your image on Instagram before I read your post. šŸ˜Š Beautiful quilting! Thank you so much for including the dimensions and pressing information about your leader/ender blocks.

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Done – just a like is all that is needed? I hope you win!
    ~smile~ Roseanne

3. I had already liked it too. It is absolutely stunning, and worth a win in my opinion!

4. I wish I was a more regular checker of Instagram. There sure are some gorgeous things on there. Liked your post! Great information about your leader/ender project. Thanks for sharing!

5. Nann says:

Sorry but I’m not on Instagram. I wish you luck in the contest! The subdued PITC blocks are turning out nicely.

6. Sharon Browne says:

I liked your photo on IG. The quilting is gorgeous!

7. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

I always forgot how much a quilt shrinks once it’s pieced. ha ha ha ha I saw that contest as well. I may have to try to win as well [wink, wink] Good luck.

8. Loris Mills says:

Done šŸ™‚ It’s gorgeous! I hope you win!

9. Kyle says:

A wonderful simple pattern with lovely muted colors. Taking the time to press wisely, sure makes piecing easier.