WIP Wednesday

I feel like I’ve been moving from project to project this week. I finished these four blocks from the pieces I had found. I think I will just add them to the box of orphan blocks for now. Someday I’ll put them all together into a random sampler of sorts.

I worked on some repairs to this old top and got it basted for hand quilting.

And I made ten more of these blocks. I’m up to 30 now. They finish at five inches. I still don’t have a plan for them, but they think I will cut some more out tomorrow.

It has t been all quilting around here. Daughter #1 and I took the littles to the dinosaur exhibit at a local museum. They loved it! We had a great day!

Hope you all have a great day too!

8 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    The dinosaur exhibit looks like it was fun, and how often do you get to sit on a dinosaur for a photo op?! The X blocks are really coming along nicely – it won’t be long and you’ll have enough for a top and be quilting it. ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Karen says:

I like those quilt blocks you are making – the X’s – I also like that first set of four – I have at times thought to do a signature exchange using those

3. Sharon Browne says:

I love your little x blocks and the colors you used. I tried out an Italian block recently and it was fun and easy. But I took 2 contrasting squares and cut them together and then reversed some of the pieces. It looks like you may have cut yours out separately. Did you use a pattern or tutorial?

4. Denise Boysel says:

What is the name of the orphan blocks or did I miss that in the blog? Thank you Denise

Sent from my iPhone

5. Susan says:

Dinosaurs, children and quilts – no better combination in life! Both sets of blocks are very appealing.

6. They’re all lovely but I especially like the orphan blocks. The small prints work a treat.

7. Clara says:

The X blocks that finish at 5 inches (the one that you have 30 of them completed)—are those blocks made from an Accuquilt die? If so, which one? Thanks!

8. I have a quilt with those “random sampler” blocks made by my grandparents sometime in the 1960’s. How exciting that you’re ready to start quilting that pink beauty!