A Little Finish

I think this post could be titled, Try, Try Again! Things went a little crazy after I finished the top. I loaded it up to quilt on the long arm. Yes, I even do small quilts on it!

I liked most of the quilting, but I didn’t like the center blocks. I debated a bit and then ripped stitches.

I had this leftover black binding and used that. It looked too fat to me.

I thought I’d like it better after washing.

Nope. Time to rip that off! I made a new binding. This time I cut my strips 2 inches wide and stitched to the front with a scant quarter inch.

I pulled it to the back as tightly as I could and stitched it down again.

Now, I love it! I’m glad I took the time to fix the things I was not happy with.

I spent lots of time searching for the name of the block pattern and found this in one of my books.

I think I need to make a bed quilt in this pattern!

I also wanted to remind you about that the Buy on Get One Free sale on Accuquilt Studio dies ends February 21st. Just click the link above and use the code BOGOFREE at checkout. This is al affiliate link and I receive a small commission on any purchases made after clicking on my link. I appreciate your support of my blog.

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A Little Finish

1. Kyle says:

Your little quilt is simply charming. It’s hard to go back and make the changes, but you and Jack the Ripper did great.

2. Terri Bertalan says:

Love the changes you made too. I think I have to try this one but I’ll have to find the pattern first 🙂

3. So pretty! Thanks for sharing the adventure!

4. I wouldn’t have the patience or the desire to make the corrections you did but they were worth it! It’s really cute. And I learned something new today. A new block name! Thank you for the education, Katy!

5. Zenia Rene says:

Oh I love your final finish! It’s gorgeous! AND…thanks for the reminder about the BOGO sale. My AccuQuilt wishlist is now empty!

Wow! You have so much patience!! I really do like your second choice for the binding better than the first. It’s an adorable print. And your quilting is an excellent choice as well…though I think anything you come up with would wow me!

7. Linda B says:

Wow. Impressive that you would change out all that after doing it. And it is a lovely mini quilt. Would be nice if there were ways to really test patterns/methods/designs before deciding upon them and putting them into the final item. You would think in this high tech age something would be helpful. No wonder I am paralyzed all the time over such decisions! Thanks!!

8. As much as I’m sorry you had to do all that time with the ripper, the outcome is really, really pretty! I do like the second binding so much better! What a great finish!

9. Quiltmouse says:

Lovely. I have wondered if I would ever rip out stitches after binding AND washing. Glad you did and are happier with the results. I won’t feel bad next time I consider doing it. Happy Stitching!

10. Elizabeth Stevens says:

Thank you for taking the time to find the name of the block. I might have saved you time if I had just asked what size to cut everything to make the block. 😏 I love this little quilt and I look forward to your posts every day. It amazes me how much you get done. I also like reading how you use the Accuquilt dies. I have quite a few, but seldom think to use them.