DWMonday

I bought these little mini charms last winter. I paired them with some Kona Coal and made 4 patches. I decided these would make a good baby quilt.

So I threw them up on the design wall. I wanted to shade the colors across the quilt.

Too small. So I added plain gray squares.

Meh. Played around some more.

Okay, so maybe random is better.

Maybe chains of color?

Better. I’ll leave it up there for a day or so and think about it.

Linking up with Cooking Up Quilts , Love Laugh Quilt , Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Design Wall Monday. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to DWMonday

1. Oh, Katy, I love that fabric line and your pairing it with the Kona gray is perfect. Any of the layouts look good. My hat’s off to you working with those small pieces. I made my 45 year old son a skateboard quilt from this fabric and it was perfect. He was a surfer/skateboarder when he was younger.

2. I know you’ll come up with the perfect layout. Have fun!

3. Luann says:

Great choice of color addition, and then adding the extra solid squares to make it larger, actually sets the charms into stronger focus.

4. Anne says:

Love the brightness of the mini charms but they look a little overwhelmed by all that dark gray. What if the large filler squares were a different tone of gray or another background color so the four-patches would pop more?

5. In case you need some coordinating fabric, I have some of the green with that yellow up-and-down coil. I no longer need it and I’m not quite sure what to do with it. I think 1/2 yd? Anyway, I like where you’re going, and I know you’ll get something figured out.

6. Jayne says:

Isn’t it fun having options for a layout?! Smart idea to let it simmer on the wall for a few days before making the decision!

7. Bright! Fun! A great way to use those irresistible candy charms!

8. Debbie Huber says:

What great colors! Your gray really makes them sing! I love the different variations of settings. I can’t wait to see which you will choose?

9. Janet O. says:

I would not have thought of the grey, but I love the combination (and I am not a grey person).
    Every option looks good to me, but I admit being partial to the chains of color. 🙂

10. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

It looks great. Hard to choose from the many options, but I’m sure you’ll figure it out.

11. anudge says:

I like the first one best – reminds me of a rainbow quilt. Whatever you decide, I know it will be neat.

12. Judy Hansen says:

I’ll be waiting to see which design you choose – I like all of them. Great baby quilt.

13. I like them with the charcoal. When you decide on a final layout I bet I’ll like it even more!

14. beth says:

One of the many things I love about quilting is the fun I have arranging and RE arranging!! LOve these colors

15. Looks like you are having fun playing around. Those are some beautiful bright colors!

16. Bonnie in Va says:

Gee — I liked all of them. Although I agree without the extra squares it looks really small! Have fun with these.