Christmas Quilt with Accuquilt Nested Dieso

Since I was cutting out a quilt with my nested dies, I thought I would show you all how they work. When you purchase a set, you get one set of nested dies with blades to cut multiple sizes. And one set of blanks.

You remove the piece with the blade that is the size you want to cut and swap it out with one of the same size in the set of blanks. Like this:

I have a set of triangle dies that work the same way. I used them to cut pieces for Daughter #1’s Christmas quilt. Here was my first arrangement. It seemed pretty busy.

I liked this one better and added the greens along the sides as a border.

It’s still very busy, but I’m going with it!

You can check out all the latest deals from Accuquilt here. The Black Friday deals have already started! And they have really great deals this time. The GO! Big cutter is only $399! And all GO! dies are 20% off. Don’t forget there are free patterns as well right here.

Linking up with Cooking Up Quilts , Love Laugh Quilt , Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

This post contains affiliate links.

6 Responses to Christmas Quilt with Accuquilt Nested Dieso

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I suppose if you didn’t replace the dies with the blank it would cut all the different sizes and you would have thin frame like pieces. Which might be nice, for a certain project, but not this one! HAHA – I can see me doing that and then being surprised when I had little narrow strips of fabrics instead of the solid piece I was expecting. ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Val W says:

I love the second arrangement. Your daughter will be thrilled with her own Christmas quilt.

3. Susan says:

I very much like both layouts. The picture you posted on MCM was the second one and drew me to take a look at this, though I would have been here eventually. I’m not sure I understand why you have to put the cutting die in the middle of the blanks. I don’t have a cutter, nor is one in my future, but I’m curious if you have to have them all in the machine at the same time. I mean you can’t just take the one you want and put it in? I’ve only used the die cutters they have at schools. =)

4. Beverly Parrish says:

Good Morning & Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Question for you….. I have an Accuquilt Go Cutter, but I have been drooling over the GO Big since it came out, but seems the price was bigger than my wallet would let me spend. But now…. anyway, my question is do you have it and do you like it much better that the original?

5. Judy Hansen says:

I like both arrangements, your daughter will be happy with her new quilt. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Monday. Happy Thanksgiving, Judy

6. Kate says:

Very fun Christmas quilt. The green as the border is perfect. Enjoy your stitching time this week.