DWMonday ~ Playing with Blocks

There seems to be a baby boom at church lately and I can’t keep up! I need a boy quilt asap. I had an idea for a block that could be made from two ten inch squares and I tried out my idea last week. I ended up with 18 blocks. Now I’m playing with layouts.

The blank spaces in the layouts above would be filled in with plain blocks. I wish I had more of this dotted fabric. I really need more blocks. Maybe some solids would work.

Back to the design wall.

Linking up with Love Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsSmall Quilts and Doll Quilts

11 Responses to DWMonday ~ Playing with Blocks

1. Those are fun blocks, and I know you’ll come up with the perfect layout!

2. What fun! I think I need to get a design wall!

3. Jayne says:

This is a lively and bright quilt…perfect for any baby! The layouts are great with so many options!

4. I love those dots! This will be a great baby quilt, and I know you’ll figure out something fun! Can’t wait to see!

5. anudge says:

I love the second one – just needs 4 more blocks. I like how bright it is. Great blocks.

I like the second one, but anything you decide on will be great! It’s going to be really pretty and I love the colors. Hugs,

7. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Any mom and baby will be thrilled to receive this quilt with all the nice colors. I can’t wait to see which layout you decide upon, and I know it will be quilted beautifully. ~smile~ Roseanne

8. Rochelle Summers says:

Beautiful colors and I love the block itself. You are so creative and the baby (and mom) will be thrilled to be remembered.

9. AnnieO says:

Very fun blocks! I really like the diagonal settings.

10. Kate says:

You’ve got a great start on a very fun quilt. Any of those layouts would be fun.

11. Bonnie in Va says:

However you add additional blocks this will be a great quilt for a baby boy, or a baby girl for that matter! Hope you can find some more fabric to work with what you’ve started.