Remember this vintage top? I was missing that one border and it needed it.
You can tell the new piece is on the right, it is much brighter. I’m totally okay with that. It adds to the story that this was begun many, many years ago and will be finished soon. I did end up taking the top apart. There were lots of pleats in the long sashing pieces and I decided to fix that before quilting.
After I took it apart, I placed the sashing on top of the two strips of blocks and found that it was nearly two inches longer and all that extra had been not so successfully eased in!
There are some interesting marks on this top, as though some pieces bled while the top was stored. It adds character!
I hope to get the top back together today. I may take this to Arizona with me to hand quilt if I get the other one I’m working on done.
Have a great day!