DWMonday ~ Border Quilting

I’m trying to decide how I will quilt the border of this quilt. I used my no longer available Adobe Ideas app to try a few things out. I’m not good at drawing with my finger!

Don’t laugh but this next one is supposed to be a cable!
Whatever design I use, it will be adjusted so that the quilting density is similar to that in the body of the quilt.

Once again, I apologize for not responding to comments. I’m spending the week with my mom.

This entry was posted in Hand quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to DWMonday ~ Border Quilting

1. Kathi says:

Fun app to share your ideas from your head with others and get a feel for what works best with your quilt… I like the cable ideas… the chain or the elongated one.. or continuing with the pattern you were using in the center… but I will look forward to see what YOU decide you like 🙂
    Kathi

2. I don’t know if you’re soliciting opinions, but I like the very first option and the fans the very best. Either of those two would be great, I think. And it looks like you’re making great progres.

3. blackeyedsewsan says:

I fell in love with #1 but DID keep an open mind as I looked at the other choices. Came back to #1 at the end although I am always a sucker for Baptist Fans (2nd choice). Susan

4. anudge says:

Me, too. #1. No worries about commenting back. Being with Mom is more important.

5. Tina W says:

The cables soften the look of all the straight line quilting so it would be my choice. It’s already been said that in the end it’s your quilt! Enjoy the time spent with your mom.

6. Sarah says:

I am with Carlotta…your first option or the fans.

I guess I stand alone in liking the continuation of the straight lines (top example). I have no doubt it will turn out great no matter which design you decide upon.

Enjoy your time with your mom. Hugs,

9. quiltipatti says:

i would vote for the fans. but of course, do what you want. enjoy mom time. patti in florida

10. dezertsuz says:

I hope you had a great week with your mom. No need to reply to any of my comments, ever. =)