Slow Stitching Sunday ~ A Little Hand Quilting

I thought I’d share an update on my hand quilting progress. It should have been done by now. But there isn’t any deadline.

In this picture you can see that quilted vs. nonquilted parts. It’s hard to see the difference!

The back is where the quilting shows.

You can tell where the edges of the quilt top are by the basting lines. I used a couple different feedsacks for the back and one was quite yellow.

And a full shot of the top.

I find my hand often goes numb when hand quilting so that accounts for part of the slowness.  I hope to get two more fans quilted today. If I did two every day for a week, it would be done!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

This entry was posted in Hand quilting, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ A Little Hand Quilting

1. I love how you’ve hand quilted your fans so dense. Very pretty. (BTW, Wendy sent me here!)

2. Love your quilting, Katy! Makes me want to do some hand stitching. This is such a sweet quilt! (Yes, I sent Nancy to you!)

3. Liz says:

I love the one piece of brown. The quilting is fabulous.

4. Andrea H says:

You are doing a lovely job of hand quilting. I think the design you chose really complements the design of the quilt well. Happy stitching! Andrea

5. Shasta says:

This looks great! I find that I need to work on small amounts every day to keep my hands and wrists from complaining.

6. Sherrie says:

Hi,
    Awesome quilt. Do a little everyday and you’ll finish it.

7. Beautiful hand stitching / you are making great progress! 🙂

8. Gail says:

Inch by inch, you will get this quilt done! Looking great!

9. Sharon says:

Beautiful quilt in my kind of colors. The numbness in your hand sounds like carpal tunnel. Ask me how I know.

It is looking wonderful! Hugs,

11. Deb says:

Love your hand stitching. I think you have inspired me to get back to my frame this week and start hand quilting again. I have the numbness too sometimes… I find I just have to take more breaks. Good luck with your goals.

12. Julierose says:

this is a beautiful piece…love your quilting so pretty…hugs, from another sore handed gal Julierose

13. CathieJ says:

My hands go numb every night while I sleep, but my doctor says it is fine, but just annoying. I know how you feel. I hope you are able to continue with your hand-quilting, because it looks so beautiful.