DWMonday ~ Batik Scraps

Remember when I chopped up all my batik scraps?

I bought some yardage of this solid aqua and chopped that up too.

I used a 2 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch die to cut these on my Accuquilt studio cutter. I worked on sewing these while Zenia was here.

After sewing a bunch of twosies together, I put them up on the design wall.

Z and I both liked the second plan better so I went with that.

I got enough blocks done for one twin size quilt. I hope to get the blocks together this week.

Linking up with Small Quilts and Doll QuiltsLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up Quilts

This post contains affiliate links, and I receive a small compensation for any purchases made through them. Thank you for your support!

This entry was posted in Accuquilt, Design Wall Monday, Scraps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to DWMonday ~ Batik Scraps

1. Lynn White says:

Oh that just makes the batiks sing – lovely.

2. Jayne says:

I have to agree! I like the second layout much better too! Its a beauty!!

3. Second layout is definitely a winner. I would’ve never thought of that aqua, but it really works well! So glad you had the time with Zinia. Quilting friends are the best!

4. Sylvia says:

Love batiks, love scrap quilts! What a run way to use up scraps!

5. Wonderful!! I agree with layout no. 2 – much better!

6. Love it! That teal really makes those batiks sing!

7. Sandra B says:

Beautiful, Katy! This reminds me of the quilt you made with the gray-blue alternating blocks…
    I love checkerboard quilts, and using the rectangles gives the checkerboard an update! Great look!!

8. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Love that aqua fabric – it really compliments all of the batiks. I love that scrappiness of this – so cute and what a nice use of your stash. ~smile~ Roseanne

9. Yep, the second idea is the winner. I really like it and it gives me an idea for a pile of scraps I recently received.

10. Sharon says:

The aqua is a good contrast to the batiks and I like the layout you chose. Do you remember how much aqua fabric you started out with? I want an Accuquilt Go so bad.

11. Bonnie in Va says:

Nice design. I like the one you chose better than the rail fence version. Wait, did I read that correctly? You will have a twin size quilt from your scraps??? Excellent.