DWMonday ~ Log Cabin Quilting

Can you believe that after all the time I spent playing with these blocks, I went back to the first layout? Anyway, the blocks are now together and I am debating adding a white border.

But I’ve also been starting to think about the quilting. Here are some of my ideas.

I’ve mentioned before that I use an app called Adobe Ideas to play with quilting ideas. Sadly, it is no longer available. My blocks finish at 12 inches. I used my log cabin die from Accuquilt to cut my pieces out.

Linking up with Small Quilts and Doll QuiltsLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up Quilts

This post contains an affiliate link, and I receive a small compensation for any purchases made through the link. Thank you for your support!

This entry was posted in Accuquilt, Design Wall Monday, Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to DWMonday ~ Log Cabin Quilting

1. It’s too bad that app is not available – it looks like it is perfect for trying out quilt designs. Good luck in picking a design. I know it will look great no matter what you decide to do!

2. Sharon says:

I really like the wonky log cabin one – the third one down. As soon as I saw it, I knew that is the one I would choose. How do you decide which quilts will be hand quilted and which quilts will be machine done?

3. I agree with Beth, I wish that app was still available. It will be fun to see which design you go with. I like the layout, by the way! Good choice!

4. Teresa says:

quilting pattern is always a big decision, I think with all the straight lines in this one it needs soft curves

5. Jayne says:

First, you’ll come up with the right quilting idea! I really love log cabin blocks like yours. They are so much fun to play with, both with color and placement!

6. Nann Hilyard says:

I like design #3, if you’re keeping track. The green block makes the others pop. I especially like the sashing strip that sets each block apart.

7. terri414cb says:

I like the first one.

8. chrisknits says:

Gorgeous! I like the first option for quilting. What was it you said about first……LOL!

9. Kate says:

Beautiful quilt! I like both option 1 and option 2 for the quilting.

10. Paula says:

I know it isn’t up to me, but I like the 3rd one down. :0) I love the variety in your quilt collection. I never know what to expect when I click on the link. Thank you!