Finish It Up Friday ~ Broken Dishes Baby Quilt

I finished the binding on this baby quilt while traveling. I like having baby quilts on hand for gifts so this is another to add to that pile. I gave two away last month.

The colors are much brighter than they appear in these pics.

Here is the back.

You might remember that I used a low loft poly batting for this. It’s okay, but I really prefer the weight of cotton or a cotton blend batting.

Linking up with Busy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric AddictCut and Alter

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Broken Dishes Baby Quilt

1. Heide says:

What a sweet little quilt!

2. This is lovely – what a great idea to have them on hand! Before I read which wadding you had used I had noticed the lovely texture of this quilt. Whilst I don’t use any poly often I do love the fullness it gives a quilt. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF 🙂

3. Katy, what is the finished size? I love the colors; such a simple design but it really pops with those little triangles of color. This will make someone very happy!

4. Val W says:

What a darling quilt. Some lucky little one will enjoy this cutie.

5. Sarah says:

Beautiful! I especially like how the quilting and colors pop against the white. I typically use only cotton batting, but I do really love the added POOF the poly batting adds here.

It’s a really cute quilt! I love your backing fabric. Hugs,

7. anudge says:

A lovely baby quilt. Beautifully quilted too. I”m trying to get ahead of the game, but they go out the door as fast as I make them.

8. Andrea H says:

I generally only use cotton batting anymore. I do love how the quilting on this one turned out. You did a beautiful job. –Andrea

9. dezertsuz says:

Congratulations on your finish. Some baby will be thrilled – or their parents will, anyway. =)

10. maggie says:

how wonderful

11. Julierose says:

Just an adorable baby quilt–love the colors you chose…hugs, Julierose

12. Jannette B. says:

Love that quilt! Were the HSTs left over from another project, or did you make them for this quilt?
    I like the idea of always having a baby quilt ready to give – I should probably give that a try…

13. Judy B says:

Great little quilt. I so often get sucked into making a baby quilt with a certain theme, based on gender, nursery colors, etc. Have little gems like this one at the ready, would free me from that!. I am going to give that a try!