Travel Prep

Before my kids even left, I was starting to get ready to go to Wisconsin again. My dad has been fighting cancer for the last eight years. He is at home, but now in hospice care. So I’m going back again to see him and help my mom. I don’t know how long I will be there. I am going to bring a sewing machine and some projects to work on while I am there.

First on the list, I’d like to hand sew the binding on this quilt.

I haven’t worked on these log cabin blocks since I cut the rest out so this is a good project to take.

I’ve decided how I want to set these daisy blocks , so I will bring them along as well.

I’m in the mood to work on some small blocks. Hopefully I will have time to do some cutting for that also. I love these fabrics.

We shall see!

17 Responses to Travel Prep

1. I am sorry to hear about your dad and I know your mom will be thankful for the help. It’s nice to have a few projects to work on in your down time.

2. Cocoa Quilts says:

Sorry to hear of your dad. Have a safe trip and take care.

3. Val W says:

Safe travels, Katy.

4. I hope you have time for some sewing – it’s a great stress reliever. I’m sure your Mom will be glad to have you their with her. So sorry to hear about your Dad.

5. So sorry to hear about your Dad. The quilt I was working on at the Hospital the last few weeks of my father’s life was very therapeutic. I hope your stitching time brings you some peace during this troubled time.

6. Kathy D says:

I’m sure your presence will be a blessing to both of your parents. Keeping your hands busy will be a good stress reliever.

7. So sorry to hear about your dad…I know you will be a blessing to both of your parents.

8. I, too, am sorry to hear about your dad, but I know your being there will be so good for both of them, and for you. You have some good projects lined up to work on. I’ll be thinking of you and holding you up in prayer.

9. Sandra B says:

Katy, I know this is a hard time for your family… Having you there will be of great comfort to your dad, and for your mom as well…Praying for all of you….
    Wishing you safe travels. Glad you will have some quilting projects to work on.
    Take care.

10. Julierose says:

So sorry to hear about your Dad’s battle; glad you have some portable sewing to bring along–i find that sewing calms me during stressful times…hugs Julierose

11. Sorry about your dad, I know it is difficult no matter how well prepared you are. Looks like you will be busy in the midst of it.

I’m so sorry about your dad. My prayers are with you and your family. Hugs,

I know your parents will be comforted by your presence at this stage of life. Hospice and the weeks to follow will be a huge adjustment for everyone. I’m glad you’ll be able to spend quality time with them.

14. dezertsuz says:

Those fabrics look like reproductions of some available in the 70s! I remember several of them being in my basket. =) I’m sorry to hear about your father, and I know you will be a great help to your mother.

15. PattiP says:

take care, praying for you

16. Terri Bertalan says:

Prayers for your Dad that he does not suffer. Prayers for you and your family too. Cancer is terrible and I wish they’d find a cure! God bless all

17. Edwina Finet says:

Thank you for sharing your dad’s condition with us. He will have extra prayers and they do help. I so admire your stick-to-iveness in getting your projects done. Have a blessed trip to Wisconsin.