Finish It Up Friday  ~ Blueberry Park

I’m so excited to share this finish with you! I pieced this top last winter in Arizona from a layer cake of Blueberry Park by Karen Lewis. It is a beautiful line of fabric. I mentioned earlier that I added a bit of a twist to the quilting. This is what it looked like when I shared with you last:

I quilted this using my pattern boards. When I finished, I removed the quilt from the frame, turned it 90 degrees, and reloaded it. Then I quilted it again using the pattern boards to achieve this wonky grid.

I loved every this effect! Granted, it takes a while as I essentially quilted the whole thing twice. But it definitely gave the crisp and funky look I was going for.

Here is the back.

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsLisa in Port Hope

This entry was posted in Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Finish It Up Friday  ~ Blueberry Park

Beautiful!!! Hugs,

2. Susan Lewis says:

This is wonderful! I think you should send it to Quiltcon!

3. Karen says:

Very pretty. I love the quilting design.

4. Ramona says:

Awesome, awesome quilt! Your quilting design really makes it sing. How big are the rectangles you made? OH.. just beautiful.

5. Sarah says:

Gorgeous. I absolutely love all that quilting. I know it took forever, but SO WORTH IT!

6. blackeyedsewsan says:

Have always loved this quilt-and now more so (& also love layer cakes!) How HOW were you born with a 48 hour day? Mother’s side? Father’s side? 🙂 Susan R

7. lswanekamp says:

I love that line of fabric. I bought a layer cake from MSQC and made a Hunter’s Star with it, but it is not quilted yet.

8. That is so beautiful! The quilting texture is wonderful! Nicely done. 😊

9. Sharon says:

Beautiful job on the quilt all around! I really love what you did!

10. Cocoa Quilts says:

I want it!!! Love it!! I loved the original waves, but this is just over the top. Beautiful!!!

11. Val W says:

That quilting looks fabulous! And your color arrangement makes the quilt so modern.

12. Beautiful! And, thanks for sharing how you did it. Good job!

13. I love the texture the quilting created! It’s just perfect for the quilt! Enjoy your weekend!

14. Mim says:

Katy this is beyond stunningly beautiful! This one rates a ten plus!!! Enjoy the weekend festivities!!!

15. It is beautiful – love your quilting on it!

16. Paula says:

Wow! I love the effect of the quilting. I haven’t seen anything like it before. Thanks for sharing.

17. Donna says:

YES! It is PERFECTION! I loved the fabric line, and the design layout; but the quilting takes it over the top. Have a wonderful time with your family, and congratulations to the newlyweds.

18. Totally and completely wonderful — SO well worth the extra time and thread to quilt it the second time in the alternate direction!!!

19. Aaahh, I melted on the inside and drooled all over my computer screen when I saw the texture you achieved with your quilting! It’s *wonderful*!!! Great job Katy! 🙂

20. PattiP says:

Is it washed yet? If not, the crinkling will be super!

21. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy – I love, love, LOVE this quilt and especially the quilting. (By the way, you’ve got a small typo: I loved every this effect!) So day I might get brave enough to try this quilting technique. ~smile~
    Roseanne

22. Jayne says:

Gorgeous! That quilting…I love it! brilliant idea!

23. Sarah F says:

Great job Katy! I love how you quilted this.

24. Karen S says:

I absolutely love everything about this quilt–from your choice of fabrics and colors to the design to the quilting decisions you made. Bravo!!

Man, oh man, oh man!!! I love it!! Great job, Katy!

26. janicekholton says:

Oh this wavy grid looks truly amazing! So what is a pattern board?

27. Heide says:

Beautiful finish, love the quilting!

28. This looks wonderful! St first I thought you had broken up the vertical quilting but the lines angling to the right almost disappear so it looks like the horizontal rows aren’t crossed. You did a lovely job on picking out that curved line as grid.

29. Sandra B says:

This one is over the top, Katy!! That extra time spent adding the additional quilting was well worth it…I think the quilt would have been great without the extra quilting, but this ones shows that you went the extra mile to make it really special…And I love the binding and backing for it too. Well done!! Another example of how simple shapes can result in an amazing quilt!

30. Ariane says:

This is a beautiful quilt!! I love the texture the quilting gives it! Gorgeous!!

31. So beautiful. Such beautiful colors too and what a keepsake.

32. A lovely finish! Thank you for linking to TGIFF!

33. dezertsuz says:

That gives amazing texture and looks so cool from a distance, too.