Labels….sigh….

I really hate making labels. But now I have three of them to do before dropping my quilts off for our local show. Did I mention they are due this morning? Yeah….

Anyway, our local guild holds a show every other year. These are the three I am entering.

These will probably get quick hand written labels on muslin. I have several other quilts that I want to make embroidered labels for. I started one yesterday, but clearly Mr. Embroidery Machine and I were not getting along.

I had too much non-sewing stuff to do so I didn’t have time to mess with it. I’ll try again today.

17 Responses to Labels….sigh….

1. sewmakeme says:

Gorgeous quilts! I love the first one especially, all the blues… beautiful!

2. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

Good luck in the show. These are three great quilts.

3. Kathy D says:

All three quilts are lovely, and each quite different from the others. Good luck with the labels! I love to embroider labels, so I hope you’re able to get your machine to cooperate.

4. blackeyedsewsan says:

I do a large font and print it out & trace it on my lightboard. Always amazed when it somehow looks like my handwriting.
    Number 1 remains 1 of my all-time favs of yours…although the new QOV for your daughter is creeping up there also. 🙂 Susan

5. Val W says:

Three beautiful quilts. I don’t know which one I like best, because they are all fantastic!

6. Zenia Rene says:

Lovely entries. I’ve never seen that 2nd one, but I like it! I don’t like making labels either. Maybe Mr. Embroidery machine wants a better name. Having to share a room w/ Harry Belafonte and being called Mr. Embroidery may not beven his idea of a good time. Hahaha =)

7. How funny! I am right there with you on label making, but it just so happens I had to make 4 today for an upcoming show. Wish I could go to your show to see yours in person!

8. piecefulwendy says:

I don’t think I’ve seen that middle quilt before and, of course, I love it! I don’t enjoy making labels either, so I feel your pain. Hope you have a great show though!

9. Connie Wegner says:

Can’t wait to see them hanging at the show.

All three are lovely quilts! The first one is my favorite. Hugs,

Great choices for the guild show, Katy. They’re all winners in my book!

12. Great quilts, and so different! I wish I had s fancy embroidery machine for labels! But I wouldn’t use it for anything but labels, so obviously, I’m not getting one. I print mine on an inkjet printer on fabric. Don’t know how to do hand embroidery, and have never been able to write well enough on fabric. I’m happy enough with the printed labels, but it’s definitely also one of my least favorite parts of the process. However, I am VERY consistent about insisting that every quilt I make has a label so I do get them done.

13. Shasta says:

Great choices for the show. They are all beautiful, and so different from each other. I’ve been trying to label quilts as I make them. It helps to sew them into the binding to make sure people can’t take them out, also more importantly, because that means I only have to sew down the other two sides. Also I have a tendency to forget when things were done.

14. Patricia Ludwiczak says:

Love, love, love these quilts!

15. Your Flying Geese is very attractive. Love the color placement. Good luck on the show. I went to the Dallas show and was disappointed because I am a very traditional purist quilter and the majority of the quilts that won ribbons were Modern. Three (3) Judges and 2 of them were 100% Fiber Artist. I am hoping this will turn around and maybe they can have quilt shows for Modern quilts, or have 2 Best of Shows – Modern and Traditional.
    In 2004 it was Contemporary versus Traditional, now it is becoming 75% Modern. I do hope you do well at the show – you should since 2 of the 3 are Modern.

16. Laura Reavis says:

Stunning quilts! I struggle with labels too…

17. Those are awesome quilts! I feel about binding as you do about labels – so funny! I bet you did a great job though!!!