Finish It Up Friday ~ HST Top

After much marking and piecing…

And designing….

Making blocks….

I finally finished my top made all from Denyse Schmidt fabrics.

Linking up with Busy Hands QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom Quilts

This entry was posted in Finishes. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ HST Top

1. Terri Bertalan says:

Katy I love this one!

2. Scrappy is beautiful!

3. Kathy D says:

What a beautiful quilt top; the mixture of colors and textures in those fabrics are a real treat for the eye!

4. Paula says:

I like this design, yet another layout to add to my HST bucket list!

5. Terry says:

It’s beautiful, simple squares to make too. I’d say the hardest part was coming up with the design. Great work.

6. Love it. Although I love most, no make that all, HSTs. Love the design you used.

7. Sensational! I love the final layout decision. Beautiful!

8. Luann says:

Katy,
    Every time I see a finished quilt of yours I’m impressed! I just realized what the “it” is in your quilts that grabs me so. Many of them are scrappy, or they look that way, but they have one unifying fabric used throughout! Hard to believe I didn’t realize this before. When you are out shopping and you find a ‘unifying’ fabric but don’t have a specific quilt in mind, (that’s me most often) how much yardage do you buy? Last fall, I went shopping for a ‘black with character’. I found three possibilities and I bought what remainder on the bolts! 5-6 yards of each. One turned out to be the perfect choice for my project and is pretty much gone. The other two are ‘in waiting’,, lol
    Always enjoy reading your posts

I love the fabrics you used, very pretty. Hugs,

10. ceciled05 says:

This is a lovely top Katy ! You will have a lot to quilt ah ah !

11. Teri says:

You inspired me to dive I to my pile of DS prints.

12. Jen Rosin says:

Lovely quilt! I love the dimension the pattern creates. I see a different pattern every time I look at it.

The photo of the blocks on the pavement remind me of jewels that were spilled. Love it!

14. Sandra B says:

Awesome finish, Katy!!

15. Tracy says:

This is just lovely. I love a simple quilt!

16. I love HST quilts, and this one is a delight. Great finish! 🙂

17. Lynn White says:

That is truly lovely. Your precision is admirable. I prefer the ‘square’ method where you stitch all the way around and then cut diagonally – but you do have to have big enough scraps to do that. Beautiful.

18. Kathy says:

What a perfect use of DS fabric! Personally, I am still preserving my little precious collection!

19. This is great. You can do so much with HST’s. The layouts are endless.

20. Patricia says:

Oh My Goodness! I am in love with your quilt. Seriously in love. I know it sounds silly, but my heart is beating so fast! You did an outstanding job! Congratulations!