A Tiny Project

Remember the scrapsof Blueberry Park I had leftover after my mini Dresden Fan Quilt?

I decided they would make a nice little mug rug. As a reminder. I cut my scrapsnto 2 1/4 inch strips and then used this ruler to cut the tumbler shapes.

Lining up like this means no seams to match.

I quilted this with simple horizontal lines.

And I trimmed the backing to just a half inch larger all around , folded it under twice and top stitched it down for a tiny mock binding.

Time for a cup of joe and some biscuits!

This entry was posted in Crafty Things, Finishes, Scraps, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A Tiny Project

1. Sharon says:

Very cute! Now what are you going to do with the scraps from this mug rug?

2. I turned out quite lovely. Those prints are so fresh – I love them! Great job!

3. That turned out really cute! What size is it?

4. piecefulwendy says:

Such a little cutie! And you have sunshine! We could use some here, hopefully later today or tomorrow.

That is adorable!!! Hugs,

Too cute, Katy! The colors are wonderful together. Have a glorious day.

7. Sandra B says:

Katy, I love this little mug rug!!!
    I did not comment the least few days, but I did want to say that I love all the various layouts with your HST blocks….I don’t know which I would choose…and, there are probably more options as well! I know that whatever you decide to use will be great!!

8. Great way to use the scraps!

9. dezertsuz says:

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for the view of a palm tree – another thing I miss!

10. Wow. Those are tiny pieces. I like how you didn’t line up the seams — great layout.