DWMonday ~ HSTs

A while back, I started sewing these HST blocks together. They will finish at 4 inches.

They are all Denyse Schmidt prints and white fabric from Ikea. I finished making all the HSTs, but then I had to trim all the dog ears.

Finally,  I could start playing. I like this simple layout.

I also tried this layout. It was trickier than you might think to get everything in the correct position. I’m still not sure everything is quite right. Nope, just noticed a few things out of place.

Not sure I like this with scraps. I’m going to leave it on the wall for a few days and see if it grows on me.

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to DWMonday ~ HSTs

1. I like that wild and crazy second setting! Keeps your eyes moving, doesn’t it?

2. Rebecca P says:

I love your 2nd layout of a scrappy exploding star. The fact that you used scraps makes it even more special. It looks like what our great grandmothers made out of necessity!

3. Ooo! Pretty! Looks like an exploding star. I really like it.

4. anudge says:

I like the second one. The lines created by the pieces make the design stand out.

5. Lynne D Tolton says:

The first layout is nice. . . kinda utility . . .but the second will be a Quilt! !!

but it’s your project and you have to listen to what the design wall is telling you

6. Sandra B says:

I also like the second layout, Katy! But I am sure whatever you decide to do will be great…even if you decide on a totally different setting!
    Love these fabrics! Such fun colors!!
    As always, thanks for sharing!

7. Interesting. It would make a great star. I can visualize it in the setting you have now.

8. piecefulwendy says:

I love the second layout, it makes me think of a burst of confetti. And then I thought about your daughter coming home soon and how appropriate a burst of confetti would be. 🙂

9. It’s grown on me – I love that second layout! It would be beautiful all quilted up!

10. blackeyedsewsan says:

I LOVE this setting!!!!!!!!! Oh do let this grow on you…it has such a variety that your eye just keeps circling! Thank you for all that you share (I feel like such a sludge sometimes…)