DWMonday ~ HSTs

A while back, I started sewing these HST blocks together. They will finish at 4 inches.

They are all Denyse Schmidt prints and white fabric from Ikea. I finished making all the HSTs, but then I had to trim all the dog ears.

Finally,  I could start playing. I like this simple layout.

I also tried this layout. It was trickier than you might think to get everything in the correct position. I’m still not sure everything is quite right. Nope, just noticed a few things out of place.

Not sure I like this with scraps. I’m going to leave it on the wall for a few days and see if it grows on me.

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to DWMonday ~ HSTs

1. blackeyedsewsan says:

I LOVE this setting!!!!!!!!! Oh do let this grow on you…it has such a variety that your eye just keeps circling! Thank you for all that you share (I feel like such a sludge sometimes…)

2. It’s grown on me – I love that second layout! It would be beautiful all quilted up!

3. piecefulwendy says:

I love the second layout, it makes me think of a burst of confetti. And then I thought about your daughter coming home soon and how appropriate a burst of confetti would be. 🙂

4. Interesting. It would make a great star. I can visualize it in the setting you have now.

5. Sandra B says:

I also like the second layout, Katy! But I am sure whatever you decide to do will be great…even if you decide on a totally different setting!
    Love these fabrics! Such fun colors!!
    As always, thanks for sharing!

6. Lynne D Tolton says:

The first layout is nice. . . kinda utility . . .but the second will be a Quilt! !!

but it’s your project and you have to listen to what the design wall is telling you

7. anudge says:

I like the second one. The lines created by the pieces make the design stand out.

8. Ooo! Pretty! Looks like an exploding star. I really like it.

9. Rebecca P says:

I love your 2nd layout of a scrappy exploding star. The fact that you used scraps makes it even more special. It looks like what our great grandmothers made out of necessity!

10. I like that wild and crazy second setting! Keeps your eyes moving, doesn’t it?