TBT ~ Ladder Quilts

I started a series of ladder quilts quite some time ago. Every now and again, I revisit this theme. Most of these have hung in a local art show.

11-4-08-014graceb11-4-08-0161-5-09tutorial-0281IMG_3937

I thought I had a picture of this one finished, but I can’t find it now!

blog-001

This entry was posted in Art Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to TBT ~ Ladder Quilts

1. Ariane says:

These look amazing! Thanks for sharing them with us!!

I love these quilts! They are just so different from anything I have ever done. Hugs,

3. Is this a metaphor of how quilts have climbed up the ladder of success in the art world? I love these. I consider myself a very traditional quilter so when I see art quilts that I love, I like to let the makers know. These are great!

4. anudge says:

How interesting! And so effective in showing different moods. Thanks for sharing with us – now these I consider art.

5. dezertsuz says:

How fun! Now to be like the biggies, did you label them Ladders I and Ladders II and … well, so on? The first and the last two are my favorites.

6. Edwina Finet says:

That was so nice of you to repeat my question about fusible batting yesterday, Katy. Now perhaps I can add some information that might help others. I found fusible batting at a different Joanns and they have more choices on-line too. The brand is Soft and Crafty. It was so tightly wound that it was hard to separate because of the adhesive, so that took a while. Then I made the mistake of putting it in the dryer on low heat in order to “relax” it. There were some very small areas where the batting was melted, but it still had the adhesive quality. Now the leftovers have “relaxed” on their own, so if using this again, I would just get it out of its “cage” a few days ahead to have plenty of time to “relax” and get ready to do its job. I’d be willing to bet that you are not missing the MIchigan snow.

7. karen Kijinski says: