DWMonday

I’m getting to the end of the projects that I kitted up to sew while I am here in AZ. I did bring some pre-cuts along though. I don’t really remember when I bought this layer cake of Let Freedom Ring by Nancy Gere for Windham.  But I did buy a bit of yardage to go with it. So  I got out that rotary cutter and got to work.

I almost never work from patterns, but I decided to use this. It is a free download from Moda.

I did change a few things, but nothing significant. Here is a peek:

I added a few bits of other lines I had laying around as well. This will eventually be a Quilt of Valor. Here is the yardage:

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Patchwork TimesLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up Quilts

This entry was posted in Precuts, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to DWMonday

1. Mary says:

What size are the bricks? So pretty!

2. Lea Anne says:

Simple but lovely. Love those fabrics and the open spaces for quilting, it’s going to be a beauty.

3. wow! you have been busy! how many projects did you end up bringing along? and you’ll be there how long? (can’t remember…)

4. piecefulwendy says:

Your creative juices have really been flowing in that warm, sunny climate! It’s been fun to see the projects you’ve done. I’m amazed that you’re through your project kits!

5. Kathy D says:

What a wonderful project to use a layer cake; thanks for the idea! I have a patriotic one that will also become a QOV.

6. Val W says:

I can’t wait to see the post of the completed quilt top. Very cool!

7. anudge says:

You come up with the neatest use of precuts!

8. ceciled05 says:

Love your fabrics Katy !

It will make a wonderful quilt of valor, Katy. How much longer will you be in AZ? I’m guessing there’s no shortage of fabric stores nearby but I’m sure you miss your Accuquilt cutter and dies. 🙂

10. dezertsuz says:

That’s going to be gorgeous! I love the pattern and the fabrics. This will make a great QOV. If you need the address of a good quilt store …. One of my favorites is QuiltZ, (north side) and another is 3 Dudes (Ahwatukee). Centrally located is Bernina Connection with some lovely ladies who are very creative. Quilter’s Ranch is out in Tempe and the 2nd oldest quilt store in Phoenix. The first oldest closed a few years ago.

11. AnnieO says:

Nice way to spend stitching time !

12. Kate says:

What a fun pattern for a QOV. Looks like you got off to a great start on it.

13. Bonnie in Va says:

The sneak peek really looks great. You’ve been a busy gal. How long will you be in AZ?