Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Casket Patches

I decided not to bring the vintage quilt top for hand quilting after all. And here is the reason:

I realized It would be rare when I didn’t have a dog on my lap so it was unlikely that I would get much done.

But of course, now that I’m here, I do want a hand project, just not one quite that big. And then I remembered these.

I brought them intending to stitch them by machine. I cut these out ages ago with this template.

I’m very sorry but I have no idea where I got this.

I cut all of these out of Denise Schmidt prints.

If I find I’m not getting enough hand stitching time in, I can always go back to my machine stitching plan.

Linking up with Kathy’s QuiltsQuilting is More Fun than Housework

This entry was posted in Hand piecing, Hexagons, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Casket Patches

1. Kate says:

Lots of pretty fabrics. Enjoy your hand stitching time.

That sweet face can do no wrong!!! LOL. I love your fabrics and the shape that your going to do. Hugs,

3. I am enjoying your “coffin” blocks! Very Hallow’s eve appropriate! 🙂

4. Linda Dutch says:

Love these happy prints & colours!

5. Ariane says:

These fabrics are so cute! Have fun stitching them!

6. Great shape blocks! Enjoy your slow stitching and time with your little helper. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

7. Diane Howell says:

I just want to scoop that little darling up! What a precious grand doggie.

8. That’s such an interesting shape! The prints are so pretty; they will look great with the shape you’re using.

9. Sandra B says:

Love all these fabrics! I had not seen the casket block pattern before….should result in a great quilt! Sort of like stacking tumblers, two by two!
    Thanks for sharing all your projects!

10. katyquilts says: