DWMonday ~ Parson Gray

I picked up a layer cake of this Parson Gray fabric the last time I visited Missouri Star Quilt Company. IMG_4549

I finally decided how I wanted to use it and got my pieces cut last week.img_8554

And I have now started piecing. There will be two blocks for this design. The background fabric is Aged Muslin from Marcus.

Together, they can be set to make this pattern. The squares finish at 4 inches, so it is a bit chunky looking.

I didn’t want to cut up those wonderful patterns too much though. And I wanted something fairly quick and easy to finish.

Linking up with Em’s Scrap BagLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsPatchwork Times

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday, Precuts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to DWMonday ~ Parson Gray

1. Sandra B says:

Love this fabric, Katy! And I like how you are piecing it….as I have said many times, I love how such simple shapes can result in great quilt tops….looks like you are making some great progress already…with the squares being larger, you will have this quilt top finished up in no time at all!!

2. piecefulwendy says:

Can’t wait to see the whole quilt! I love that fabric, especially that blue with the starburst design.

3. Kathy D says:

The fabric is wonderful, and background is a perfect accompaniment. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt on this one.

4. Kathi Riemer says:

I like the background fabric you chose for your fabrics. The finished quilt will be warm and autmny.

5. Nann says:

That’s a great way to showcase a group of special quilts.

6. Nann says:

…..a group of LOVELY PRINTS, I mean to say

7. Rochelle Summers says:

This is amazing. I love the way the colors pop against the background fabric. I think this will be very eye catching.

I love the fabric, it’s so pretty. I like the pattern your using also. Can’t wait to see the finished top. Hugs,

9. the prints are great and I like your pattern

10. Linda Dutch says:

This is looking great, your pattern does show off the fabrics nicely! As does your background choice, the colours seem to glow!

11. anudge says:

I can this quilt with the flying geese in those muted colors surrounding it. You pick the neatest fabric, Katy!

12. Vic in NH says:

Thank you for the credits for the fabrics, especially the Marcus background that looks so rich in your design!

13. Bonnie in Va says:

Ooh..a great idea to use up a group of fabrics. I’m looking for something to use a 8 or so fat quarters from the same line… so, just to verify, the cut squares are 4.5″ before they are pieced or is the pieced unit 4″ finished? Yes, that background fabric looks terrific with your fabrics.

14. Patricia says:

I love how you set up your patterns! That layer cake is awesome! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

15. Emily Bailey says: