Slow Stitching Sunday &  My Week in AZ

I’m flying home today. I have had a wonderful trip, but it is always hard to say good bye. I am looking forward to some more slow stitching on my daisy blocks today. I now have 13 of 20 finished!

I got some machine sewing done while staying at Daughter #2’s house as well. Here is my little sewing set up in her bedroom.

I finished the blocks for my 16 patch quilt and got them all sewn together. This will need to have borders added to make it big enough for a Quilt of Valor.

I also got the blocks of this ancient UFO put together with sashing and cornerstones. I have the borders at home ready to be added.

I hand pieced these blocks ages ago. Right now, this measures about 36 inches square.

I visited my favorite fabric shop, SAS Fabrics in Phoenix. I came in under budget this time! I will show you what I purchased later this week.

A big highlight of my trip, was meeting up with a bloggy friend, Zenia!

Zenia blogs over at A Quilted Passion and I have followed her blog for some time. She lives only a mile or so away from Son #1. I’m so glad we were finally able to connect! She is every bit as lovely in person as I expected her to be from her blog and our e-mails. I also got to see her lovely sewing room. It is beautiful!  This won’t be the last time we get together.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Kelly (@mommaneo on IG).  Kelly is a newer quilter (so they say!), but she just finished the loveliest quilt top that makes me slightly sceptical on that point! She is clearly well on her way to great stuff!

And because they are so cute, here are some pics of my sweet grand dogs, Winnie and Bambi.

And finally, two of the cutest and sweetest little boys God ever made!

I appreciate all of your patience with my lack of response to comments. As you can see, I had lots of good things to claim my attention!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

19 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday &  My Week in AZ

1. Val W says:

The dogs are cute. The grandkids are absolutely adorable! Plus sewing and fabric shopping. What a perfect trip.

2. piecefulwendy says:

What a fun week you’ve had, and productive as well! Those kiddos are just too cute! Welcome home!

3. It must be very hard to leave all that behind, hope you settle into home quickly. Of the quilt tops you shared I especially like the 1930s star blocks.

4. Those little ones are absolutely adorable! No wonder it is so hard to say goodbye.

5. Cécile says:

What a beautiful post ! Your grandsons are sooo cute and the meeting with Xenia seemed sooo fun ! I’m going to discover her blog….

6. Such beautiful hand stitching projects …and a double dose of cuteness with the puppies and the grandsons!

7. Gail says:

Sounds like you had a great trip, filled with the people and activities you love!

8. What a wonderful trip! I love the little sewing set-up you had especially with the dog assistance. You were so productive.

9. Louise says:

Thank you for thinking of us while you were away.
    Your grandsons are way too cute! Love the quilts.

10. Marsha says:

Such beautiful projects you have going, including the dogs and grandchildren!

11. CathieJ says:

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip full of family, friends and sewing. I love that “ancient UFO”. It looks like it won’t be a UFO for much longer.

12. Sandra B says:

Great post, Katy! Love all those quilts in progress!! Cannot wait to see the quilt tops all finished, and then quilted as well!!
    Sounds like you have had a wonderful trip, spending time with family, meeting a blog friend, and spending some time sewing, too!
    Looking forward to seeing what goodies you purchased at SAS Fabrics…..
    Safe travels as you make your way home!!

13. anudge says:

A wonderful visit – those two boys are so precious.

14. Two great quilts there! The sixteen patch is awesome. I just love how one simple shape can turn into such a great quilt!

15. Monica says:

Your daisy blocks are so cute! The running stitch looks great with the 30s fabrics — something to remember! Safe journey. 😀

What a great post, Katy. I always love photos of the little ones! How neat that you have two blondes and two brunettes. Have the four ever played together? And those GRANDPUPPIES are adorable too! I adore the hand stitched star quilt. Your choice of sashing and cornerstones was just perfect!

17. You sure have been otherwise occupied! What a fun time to see kids, grandkids and new quilt friends! Lucky you! Your projects look great, and that daisy quilt at the top looks like vintage fabrics; my mother has a similar one made by my grandmother.

It looks like you have been having so much fun! I love your 16 blocks. Hugs,

19. Christine Sherman says:

I always look forward to seeing what you get at SAS 🙂 Glad you had a good trip!