Throwback…..Wednesday?

Tomorrow is a rather big bloggy day around here, it will be the reveal for the 4th round of the Gwenny Inspired QAL. So in light of that, I decided to post a Throwback Wednesday edition here today.

You all know that I do lots of quilting for Quilts of Valor. I also used to do lots of piecing for them! The following quilts are some of the very first QOVs that I made. I pieced the tops and did the quilting myself.

Quilts 012 QOV 003

I pulled out  and used up lots of red, white, and blue stash on these!

May2012 001 July2012 028 July2012 026 July2012 024

I made these when Daughter #2 was serving her first deployment back in 2012. Time is a funny thing. It seems like a long time ago and yet it feels like just yesterday!

Linking up with A Quarter Inch from The Edge (link up starts on Thursday).

This entry was posted in Quilt of Valor, Throwback Thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Throwback…..Wednesday?

1. Cécile says:

Wow…wonderful QOV !
    Will you organize the Linky Party for the Gwennie Medallion tomorrow ?

2. Sue Bennett says:

You get so much done. I am loving seeing all your red white and blue..

3. Sharon A Browne says:

I can’t believe how much you get accomplished! It makes me feel like I am lazy. Wonderful job on the QOVs.

4. Sue B says:

Those are great quilts Katy. Love the first one, might have to try that, looks like a good use of scraps.

5. Sandra B says:

Love them all, Katy!! My favorite is the first one….
    Thanks for sharing!

6. Phyllis Klosterman says:

I love your Quilts of Valor ! RWB is such a clean combination. I sew many tops a year for QoV, and have even quilted several on my Juki DSM. Such a good feeling to be able to give these to someone who deserves them. Just wondering what part of the country you live in? I am in MN [where my QoV group is] for the summer, and AZ for the winter.