DWMonday~ Using a Singer 99K

Daughter #3 was having trouble with her vintage machine recently. So I brought it home to see what was up. These things work beautifully, as long as you don’t miss any thread guides (her mistake) and you have the right needle in (my mistake)! I kept it for a few days to make sure all was well.

I figured in order to give it a thorough test, I should make something on it. So I printed out a paper foundation pattern and got to it.

That was fun! Even though I printed it backwards from the way I wanted it. Oh well.

I enjoyed that so much that I had to make another, smaller block. Yep, did that one backwards too!

Sadly, I didn’t keep my stripes in the light strips going the same way either. Ugh. Oh well. I have a plan in mind for one of these. Stay tuned.

Linking up with Cooking Up QuiltsLove Laugh QuiltsEm’s Scrap BagPatchwork Times

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vintage Singer Sewing Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to DWMonday~ Using a Singer 99K

1. Lisa says:

Well they are very nice even if they are backwards! It must have been fun working on the older machine.

2. Sarah says:

Actually Katy, if you are going to hang them vertically like you show them here, they are correct. For hanging horizontally, then yes they are backwards. The blue canton always hangs in the upper left. But they look super.

3. Janet O. says:

I was just going to say what Sarah said and then I read that she had said it. *LOL*

4. I believe paper piecing requires a slow approach. Highly intelligent people do not go slow. We tend to have to redo it. Lol

Backwards or not, I look forward to seeing your plan. 😊 Hugs,

6. quiltiferous says:

A backwards flag is a sign of distress. Hmmm….I’ll leave that commentary alone. The lovely machine caught my eye, though. She’s a beauty!

7. Judy Blinkenberg says:

I love her machine! I have a 221K and a 221! When we go travel I’m taking them and leaving my Bernina with someone.

8. Bonnie in Va says:

I really like my little featherweight. It’s so easy to grab and go. Your flags look cute.

9. Kate says:

Very fun little blocks. I always have to stop and think about the paper piecing directions. Thankfully most of the stuff I’ve made that way is symmetric, so the direction you print doesn’t matter.

10. I always print my pp templates backwards! Usually it doesn’t matter, but one day it will bite me. LOL Love your little flags; they are adorable and I’m looking forward to seeing what you are going to do with them. You are always so creative! Thanks for sharing on MCM!