Quilting for a Friend

My friend, Donna, brought this top to me to quilt for her. Isn’t it lovely? She is fairly new to quilting, but you wouldn’t know it by looking at her quilts. She is good!

See what I mean? I quilted it with a design from Urban Elementz called Chaparell.

Here is a peek at the back:

This quilt will be sold in a silent auction to benefit H.I.S. Restoration Ministries.

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts, Quilt Fabrication

This entry was posted in Long Arm Quilting, Longarm Quilting, Pantographs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Quilting for a Friend

1. Suzy says:

This quilt and the quilting are gorgeous! Do you happen to know what pattern Donna used? Thanks!

2. Cécile says:

You realized a beautiful quilting …on a beautiful quilt ! 🙂

3. Kate says:

Beautifully done on both the piecing and the quilting.

4. Val W says:

What a sweet quilt. Your quilting really adds to the beauty of the quilt top. Love it!

5. piecefulwendy says:

What a pretty quilt, and your quilting really compliments it well. Neat ministry that it is being donated to!

6. Donna says:

Thank you for the kind words. The quilting makes it come alive. For Suzy, or others that want to know about the pattern; it is from the book Think Big, by Amy Ellis. The pattern is called Building Blocks. The blocks in the book finish at 18″, and I used one fat quarter for each block (with a little left over).

This is such a pretty quilt! I hope it brings a good price. Hugs,

8. Kathi Riemer says:

Your friend has a great eye for color and design. Your quilting is very lovely.

She IS good and I love the quilting pattern you choose. You make a good team!

10. Louise says:

What a lovely quilt. Credit going to piecer and quilter..

11. Susan says:

Lovely quilt – she did a great job, and you did too, with the quilting! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers
    Susan

12. Amy says:

This is soo pretty and fun! Love the fabrics that you chose.
    I follow you on Bloglovin.
    I am wondering if it were possible for you to follow me back?
    I am trying to build my followers and hoped my fellow sewests might be able to help..

13. Sharon A Browne says:

What a cute quilt! It looks really old fashioned and the quilting is perfect for it. Good choices on both your parts.

14. Janice hton says:

Tell Donna her quilt is wonderful! That turquoise back is a bright surprise! Love it! Be sure to have get report back how much they raise for the auction. 😊

15. Kathy ... aka Nana says:

What a beautiful quilt … the pattern, the piecing and the quilting. Well done, both of you.