Design Wall Monday

More like Design Frame Monday! Because I finally started quilting my Metropolitan Fair quilt!

I decided to try ditch stitching all the major seams first, and then go back to fill in the rest of the quilting. I quilted a piano key border and this is how I am stitching the pieced blocks:

I am thinking of putting feathers in this red border……

…..as well as in the alternate blocks. I’m not loving it right now, but feathers usually make everything better, so I have hope that I will fall back in love with it again.

I need to get this off the frame ASAP as I will have QOV tops coming I any day now. Yay!

Linking up with Em’s Scrap BagLove Laugh Quilt,  Patchwork Times

9 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. piecefulwendy says:

Oh wow – the border fabric is fabulous! Another lovely quilt!

2. Ramona says:

Feathers do make everything better! Your striped green border fabric is the bomb! It’s going to be a gorgeous quilt.

3. Sandra B says:

Cannot wait to see this all done…..love what you have done already!

4. Ooh, how exciting! Your quilting looks great so far. Can I ask what brand and model long arm you use, how long you’ve had it, and whether you’d recommend it to others? I’ve been wanting one for a LONG time…

5. Wow oh wow, everything I see that quilt, I fall in love with it all over again. I can’t wait to see it quilted and bound. It’s going to be beautiful, I’m sure!

6. Emily Bailey says:

Feathers do add a lovely dimension to a quilt. This is going to be lovely

7. Nann Hilyard says:

Love the paisley prints. Your quilting looks terrific.

8. Gari says:

Beautiful quilting. I like feathers in strong fabric as it gives texture where design is not so important.

9. Kate says:

A great start on the quilting. Hopefully the feathers made you fall in love with it again.