Slow Stitching ~ Brinton Hall

It has been a while since a Brinton Hall update. That’s because there hadn’t been any progress until this weekend. I am finally adding the red borders. I am appliqué in the hexies to it and will trim after.

This gives an idea of where I am now. The borders are glue basted and I have just begun stitching them on.

Sorry for the horrible picture. I hope to get this done before we leave for Arizona later this week. It USA bit too unwieldy for stitching on the plane. So I will need to find a travel project to take.

We went to alocal antique fest yesterday with Daughter #1 and Little E. He was such a good boy!

I saw a number of quilts, but these two caught my eye.

That was has been loved nearly to death! I hope mine look like this one day!

This one had the most magnificent stitching!

Have a glorious day!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

10 Responses to Slow Stitching ~ Brinton Hall

1. Patti says:

Looking at that picture, I wonder who thought it was a good idea to quit sucking our thumbs? What a cutie! That blue/gold diamond quilt is a stunner.

2. Terri Bertalan says:

Have a great trip to AZ. It is a beautiful place I just loved all the mountains!

3. Gail says:

The red makes a perfect frame for your hexie project! What a cutie! Have a great week.

4. Cécile says:

I love the red outer border ! Perfect !
    And the 2 quilts are awesome ! Oh my….

5. Louise says:

Your little guy could melt any heart. Love the last find!

6. CathieJ says:

That red border really off-sets those beautiful blocks and hexies.

7. karenlogcabinquilter says:

I like the dark look of your hexagon piece thus far.

8. piecefulwendy says:

I really like the red border for the hexie quilt! And that last antique quilt with the yellow and the blue is gorgeous!

9. Wonderful quilt finds! You are making great progress on your hexies.

10. Ah he is just adorable ! Love your Brinton Hall…so many pretty hexies and very much work 🙂