Throwback Thursday ~ Baby Quilts!

I wish I knew how many baby quilts I have made in my life! Here are a few. The recipients of the following quilts are all in at least kindergarten by now. It is fun to take a look back.

This first quilt was made from my hand dyed fabrics. I love the gradation from top to bottom.

quilt 003

Apparently, I forgot to take another picture of this next one after the binding was added. Oops!

blog-010

Here is another one from my hand dyes.

blog 005

This one is made from vintage blocks and hand quilted. I still have it, I guess I couldn’t part with it!

blog 010 (3)

This one was very simple to piece from a fat eighth bundle.

blog 007

I created a tutorial for this one. You can see it here.

bloghouse 026

I hope you enjoyed taking a look back with me. Have a wonderful day! Also, if you are in the market for a UFO, I have a giveaway in my last post. Drawing will be on Saturday.

Linking up with A Quarter Inch From the Edge for Throwback Thursday

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Throwback Thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Throwback Thursday ~ Baby Quilts!

1. Betsy says:

I wish I would have taken pics of all the baby quilts I have made.

2. piecefulwendy says:

I can understand why you kept the vintage quilt. It’s a beauty! I really like the colors in the hand-dyed quilt. Someday I’d like to try hand-dying. Nice quilts!

3. Sandra says:

Baby quilts are great aren’t they? Fast, fun, and a great way to try out new patterns, use up small amounts of fabric (like the fat eighths one) or try FMQ. The hand-quilted one I can see why you didn’t part with it!

I loved seeing your baby quilts! They are all so cute. Hugs,

I love them ALL!! And thank you so much for the tutorial. I never dreamed it would be so simple!!

6. Great inspiration! You write that you wish you knew how many baby quilts you’d made! My very first quilt teacher told us to be sure to photograph each quilt we made, because we’d miss them if we gave them away. I’ve been very conscientious about doing that, so I can actually go back and get an accurate count of all the quilts I’ve made, baby quilts, throws, or whatever. I haven’t counted them lately, and I’m a bit behind in putting photos in my scrap book, but after 20+ years, I still make sure to take a picture of every single quilt, regardless of whether I keep it or give it away (the vast majority).

7. Lisa says:

These are all great baby quilts. I really like the ones with the hand dyes and their really vibrant colours. It looks like you tried out a lot of different techniques with this one.

8. Christine Sherman says:

I love that last one! Thanks for sharing 🙂 Thank you for visiting and for the peroxide tip! I didn’t know that! Will give it a shot.

9. So many lovely quilts… and some very lucky babies! The quilting on the first one is SO good. Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

10. These are all beautiful, but I think my favourite is the green and white one (second from the bottom).

11. JanineMarie says:

These are all so fun. Baby quilts give you so much opportunity to play with patterns and fabrics/colors. I especially like your hand dye quilts, but they are all sweet.

12. Linda Smith says:

Love them all!

13. Patti says:

these are cool. I’m impressed with gradation hand dye