Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Brinton Hall

I got both side strips added! And I am filling in hexies on the top and bottom now. After that is done, I can think about the borders. Just for fun, here is a picture of the back. A few of the paper hexies have fallen out but most are still in there.

This will be a nice bit of hand stitching to work on after Easter dinner today.

Linking up with Kathy’s QuiltsQuilting is More Fun Than Housework

This entry was posted in Brinton Hall, Civil War Repro Quilts, Hand piecing, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Brinton Hall

1. That is a lot of hexies! Interesting toile centers.

2. Gail says:

I love to see your hexie project. The colours are wonderful! Have fun stitching today and Happy Easter!

3. Kate says:

Oh my but that’s a lot of hexies!!

4. Cécile says:

I did the same on the back….that’s easier for the quilting !
    Happy stitching and Happy Easter Katy !

5. Marly says:

Those are a lot of hexies! You must have the patience of a saint. It is the prefect way to frame those 16th century prints, though. Great idea and pretty result!

6. Loving all those scrappy hexies! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

7. cajunquilter says:

I am also looking forward to some late afternoon stitching to wind down this afternoon. We are having a house full for a late lunch and it gets quite noisy lol.

8. Karen in Breezy Point says:

I love this project so much–it looks wonderful! I’m hoping to start my own soon–too many UFO’s to work on right now!

9. Jennifer says:

Your hexie project is beautiful. Don’t you just love working on them?

10. Kate says:

Beautiful use of hexies!

11. Sarah says:

I like what you are doing with your hexies, its a really clever way of displaying lovely fabric!

12. Beautiful from the front and the back!
    Enjoy your stitching today!

13. Sandra B says:

Love how this is going!
    Cannot wait to see what you do for a border….and how you quilt it!
    I have been doing some hand quilting on this Easter evening….watching some NCAA basketball….

14. Linda Dutch says:

Love your front & back pics, look forward to seeing what you decide for the borders!