Finish It up Friday ~ Blue/Green HST Donation Quilt

I am so pleased with this finish. It just goes to show, simple can be beautiful. I love the random scrappiness and all that saturated color!

The top went together very quickly!

And then on to the quilting. This is the thread I used.
The panto is called Elongated Meander from Patricia Ritter.

And here are the finished pictures.

And a look at the back.

I’m not happy with the binding, usually when I do a binding all by machine,  I sew it to the back first and top stitch in the front. Apparently I got distracted. For these donation quilts, they want the bindings all done by machine.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, A Quilted Passion, Sunlight in Winter Quilts

This entry was posted in Donation Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Finish It up Friday ~ Blue/Green HST Donation Quilt

1. Luann says:

I’ve never been a big fan of greens, but I think I must be mellowing into enjoying them. Springlike and lush, or sunshine on fresh cut grass. That’s what they bring to mind for me.
    Safe travels and enjoy those Grandkids,
    Luann

2. Sarah Craig says:

Katy, I love your color choices in this quilt – and simple lets the colors shine so much! It’s just beautiful!! Whoop whoop!!

3. Lisa says:

This is a great donation quilt. The colours are so bright. I love the stripes as well. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF

4. I love the colors. I especially like that green thread! Very nice finish. I have a hard time with machine stitched bindings. It’s rare they come out looking fine for me.

5. Val W says:

This quilt is like a breath of spring. I enjoy how the colors dance with each other.

6. Jayne says:

It did turn out great! The blue makes all the difference to me…great quilting! Such a fun quilt!

7. Paula says:

IT turned out great! I love the colors. I love half-square triangles so I really like this quilt. The design makes it look more complicated than it really is. Have a great trip to Arizona. We’re having record highs right now.

Really really cute! I love the colors and the backing you chose. Hugs,

9. Di says:

Beautiful quilt and beautiful work you do for donation quilts

10. Laura says:

I love those colors together!

11. Ramona says:

Wow! I really like everything about this quilt. The design, the colors, the binding (too cute!) and your quilting. This is a beauty!

12. Cathy says:

Quick and beautiful. Hugs

13. Paige says:

What a great mix of fabrics and colors! Beautiful quilting too!

14. adaliza says:

Amazing colours – that beautiful warm yellow is just sunshine in a blue sky!

I love the splashes of yellow! And the quilting works well with the design.

16. This really is a great finish. As much as I love all quilts really, I’m still always drawn to simple ones 🙂

17. Wonderful finish. And great quilting.

18. Zenia Rene says:

Seeing this just made me decide it’s the pattern I’m going to use for a baby quilt commission I have coming up. What is the finished size of this? Machine binding rocks! =)

19. The quilt pattern over those colours makes me think of slow moving water. And as for the binding…looks fine to me ☺

20. Bonnie in Va says:

Great quilting on a great (and easy!) quilt. What’s not to like. Thanks for the panto name. I like bigger/looser designs on my quilts and that one looks like it is a winner. I’ll check it out soon. That bright green is wonderful for this quilt but, surprisingly, it doesn’t seem to glow in the dark!

21. Wow! Simple is beautiful! Great quilting on a lovely quilt that anyone would be happy to receive.