Yeah, those florals aren’t really me. Anyway, I cut 8 1/2 inch squares out of them and cut some 4 1/2 inch background squares. I marked the squares corner to corner and sewed on the line. You can’t really see here but I then sewed another line a half inch away.
I cut between the line of stitching to get these.
I’m squaring up the bonus triangles to 3 1/2 inches with this block lock ruler. It is awesome for this! You trim two sides and then flip the ruler and square to trim the other two sides.
Easy peasy. Not sure what I will do with them yet. Maybe I will use them on the back. I surely don’t want any of this left over.
I realized I don’t have enough of that middle print. Not in love with either if the other two choices. I don’t want to rush this and regret it so I’m letting this simmer on the back burner for now. Maybe I will wait and see if I can find something at my favorite fabric store in Phoenix…..hmmmm…….
I need to figure out a project to take to Arizona with me. Brinton Hall is getting a bit too unwieldy now. But I’m watching Big E and Little E this morning so all this sewing stuff will have to wait. I’ve got babies to hold!