Design Wall Monday

Last week I showed my Goose in the Pond blocks. Several of you thought sashing was a good idea. I was leaning that way myself. LuAnn suggested using 9 patches as cornerstones. I loved that idea! And one sharp eyed reader noticed a mistake in one of the blocks. Can you see it?

Some of my 9 patches are scrappy and some are not. I need to decide which to use.

Before I get any farther on that, Β I need to quilt this Quilt of Valor.

It’s been in the frame since Friday waiting for inspiration to hit. Maybe I need another cup of coffee first….

Linking up with Patchwork Times, Em’s Scrap Bag, Cooking Up Quilts

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Design Wall Monday

1. Charlotta Norby says:

I see the mistake in the block to the far right in the middle row, the connecting unit between the top two 9-patches has been rotated 90 degrees. But who cares? I’ve always been told that you’re not supposed to point out your own mistakes, and you’re only supposed to point out the mistakes of others if you’re absolutely sure they will want to know so they can correct the mistake before they move on.

2. acquilter says:

Is it weird that I love the mistake? It kind of makes me want to put a little something like in my quilts here and there. πŸ˜€

3. I didn’t even notice your mistake till I read others comments and went back and looked. Looking forward to seeing what ya do with the valor quilt.

4. Val W says:

I missed the turned block until I read the comments too.

5. Sue Daurio says:

Love the quilt on the frame. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

6. Nann says:

I had to stare for a while, but I found it! The 9-patch cornerstones are perfect.

7. Visiting from Main Crush Monday. Oh the frustration of waiting for inspiration to come! Your quilting work is so wonderful though, I’m sure you’ll get an idea soon. I too saw the mistake because you pointed it out but when you view the quilt as a whole, it disappears. I can’t however find any blocks that don’t seem scrappy to me. So my guess is that you didn’t put them in? If you did, then I’d use them because they match the rest of the blocks. Have a great week!

8. Tina W. says:

That can be your “humble” block! Unless it drives you crazy, I’d leave it.

9. Em says:

There are no mistakes just design choices. I like the scrappy nine patches. Thanks for linking up

10. Helen says:

I am in love with this quilt!

11. Took me forever to find the ‘mistake’ and then I only found it with the help of the comments. πŸ™‚ I would definitely leave it. And I love the look of the scrappy nine patches; they fit in perfectly with the look of the bigger blocks. Thanks for linking to MCM!

12. dreamworthyquilts says:

The nine patch cornerstones are a perfect choice! I also love the quilt on your quilt frames and can’t wait to see it finished.

13. knitnkwilt says:

I had to work very hard to see it.

14. Gina says:

Never a mistake. It’s always a design change to highlight your individuality x

15. LuAnn says:

Yes. I definitely like the nine patches as cornerstones. I have a quilt in the works with nine patches, and I’m using some as cornerstones. Love your QOV.

16. lakrug says:

I love the nine patches as cornerstones! I have a quilt in the works doing the same thing. Love your QOV!

17. Kate says:

The 9 patches work perfectly. I did find the mistake but it too me a few minutes.